Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MC is rounding 60k miles and in real need of some TLC. Need suggestions on what to repair. Only thing replace from factory is frnt brakes pads to Raybestos. Belt is chirping, shocks and bushings are shot and a slight valve pinging.Looking for suggestions on what else to check/fix. Budget is $1,000-$1,200. Rims and tires were $599, however main concern is fix whatever needs fixing if there is enough cash then rims. Its an Automatic, Dark Blue, Throttle body coolant mod, tranny oil cooler, SRI. I know 30k miles per year isnt impressive but with 0 maintenance esides oil changes on our roads it is. Im in Puerto Rico and the roads are crap hence my dead shocks and bushings. I dont want a comfy ride or a lower car so some good shocks that will help me take zippy turns.
Thinking I need:
  1. Spark Plugs
  2. Filters All around
  3. Flush/Drain all Fluids
  4. Wipers
  5. Shocks
  6. Bushings
  7. Alignment
  8. Brake Check
  9. Check pinging
  10. HID Lights
  11. New Rims and Tires all around some nice 15" black ones

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah I know how. I replaced the stock pads. The harsh ride is no bother to me. I want to have better handling. Suggestions on brands to use and guesstimation of costs.

·
Registered
737 Posts
According to my maintenance schedule, at 60K miles you should:

-oil change
-all fluid flushes
-Rotate and balance your tires
-Replace your air filter
-front and rear brake service
-tune up (new plugs)
-alignment
what he said

manufacturers tell you what needs to be replaced and what should be checked. follow hyundai's recommendations and you won't have any maintenance issues. a repair is different. anything else that is worn out or broken, replace it with an oem part or a good oem equivalent. I'm not sure of the aftermarket on performance shocks for the mc accents but replacing worn shocks with new is an upgrade.

if puerto rican roads are rough i wouldn't suggest lowering the car much because your ride and handling will suffer. A stiff sprung car combined with bad roads is a dangerous combination. if you have the factory 16" wheels consider getting some nice summer tires for them. If you have factory steel wheels your tire choices will be limited so check into inexpensive 15" wheels so you will have a more broad range of tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts