Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around for a rear strut bar, and the only places online I car buy them, that I have found, are SharkRacing and Kspec

personally I don't thing an aluminum bar is worth $85 so I'm looking for another place to get a rear strut bar.
anybody know any sites to get them?

·
Registered
596 Posts
On ebay you can find them for $10 plus postage...

Also white-line makes good ones...

Cheers
scythe

·
Registered
653 Posts
Well the reason the ones from korea are expensive is because it costs about 30 dollars shipping alone to ship a strut bar from korea. So the companies have to make money.

I was going to start carrying them, but never put it on the website. I have 3 in stock though. If you buy a front strut bar (for 00-06, no 95-99 available), on our website, just send an email right after and say its for a rear.

·
Registered
332 Posts
yamaneko said:
Well the reason the ones from korea are expensive is because it costs about 30 dollars shipping alone to ship a strut bar from korea. So the companies have to make money.

I was going to start carrying them, but never put it on the website. I have 3 in stock though. If you buy a front strut bar (for 00-06, no 95-99 available), on our website, just send an email right after and say its for a rear.
are y ou going to get some for the 95-99 accent x3s

·
Registered
58 Posts
Have you tried PSC? They have them for the X3. A little costly though. 140$ AUD.
PSC Motorsport.com
PSC Motorsport Rear Alloy Strut Brace PSC-STR-X31R

·
Registered
653 Posts
well, if any korean site like kdm, kspec, shark, etc. has it on their website im sure i can get it. We use a lot of similar distribution networks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes, but I used a piece of circular tubing (1") then used a bench vice to squeeze the ends flat then drilled a hole through each end and rounded off the corners. Then I painted it . It doesn't look bad at all.

And seriously for >$10 where are you going to find a better deal?:eek:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am in the process of moving right now so I haven't got a clue where my camera is right now but I can try and give you an Idea of what it looks like.
(I'll post a pic when I finnish moving and find my darn camera)

As I stated before the rear tower bar is a piece of 5' tubing (cut to size)
-the ends were squished and then rounded off
-then I drilled a hole in each end ( the rear bar doesn't need more then one hole per side it isn't as nessisary as the front tower bar to have a bracket for the bolt holes

somthing like this ( just try and imagine it's the rear of your car not the front of a dodge:rolleyes: , and that it is only one of those bars not two. sorry about not having a pic.)

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts