Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello one of my dumb friends left a burn in my rear seats and I cant find any place that sells cloth for it or even new seats anybody know or have ideas.

·
Registered
453 Posts
junk yard is your best bet probably

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Well, you could buy a used seat pad, you could redo the upholstery with some fabric that matches pretty well, or something like that.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
yeah, that back seat is just a pad so i can't imagine it would be super expensive to buy one from a junk yard

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess my best bet is to redo the upholstery because I didn't like the multi colored specs anyway...
Approximately how much does that cost and what kind of shop does it?

·
Registered
187 Posts
ok smart ass just trying 2 help i was thinking more of the line like NEW I dont know about you but all the junk yards in orlando suck unless u want a seat that has been rain on or blood every where no lie seen a honda at pull and pay with blood all over the windshield and dash

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alexw3 said:
no lie seen a honda at pull and pay with blood all over the windshield and dash
wow sounds like the Honda has quite a story to tell.

I wasn't planning on junk yard because the Hyundai accent isn't exactly a common car in LA, and a back seat isn't worth the effort of driving around the world for.

·
Registered
187 Posts
lol honda what can I say. If u lived in FL It would be urs $10 i really dont need it anymore but i c that u n cail thats a long way and shiping might be high but ya re do the seats those little dots r a lil girly lol

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
anohter cheap option (doesn't get you a new seat, but gets rid of the specs) Duplicolor makes a paint specifically for fabrics. you can find it at autoparts stores. it dries a little hard but softens up after you break it in. used it on my front seats, working on the back

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
looks really nice especially the beta engine in the back round, but the reason i want to get new fabric is because of the cigarette burn.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
yeah i feel you on that. just saying, if you get it reupholstered, and don't want to have to do it to all your other seats. i've never priced it but i'd imagine it'd be expensive....seat covers maybe? they can be shitty but some are nicer than others... (PS that beta is in the car now :))

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah I don't mind getting my rear seats in a different color as for the front seats I'm planning to get some bucket seats, so no point painting em.

(like I said many times before "I wish I could beta swap")
are you able to feel a huge difference in power?
cuz thats my dream right now to turbo and beta swap my car just to shock my friend and all his comaro buddys. it will seriously put a name down for Hyundai in a big street racing community.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
haven't finished it yet. it's in the car, ECU is all rewired, all that's left is plugging all the sensors in, and trying to start it. that really should only take a few hours since i need to lengthen a few wires and i can't really solder with only 2 hands so i have to wait until both my friend and i are free. should be done by the weekend....

oh wait, except i'll get every CEL known to man and have to work out all that ****. we'll see.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts