Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm going to get slack for this, but here goes. I'm designing a SC kit for my 98 Accent, but I don't know what diameter pulley I need for my kit.

I would like to run somewhere around 15 PSI with a Vortech V5 G-Trim. I've been doing some research and 2.25" diameter pulleys are sold on EBay as "15 PSI pulleys", but this figure depends on the size of the motor and crank pulley size.

I have the Supercharger, the Intercooler, idler pulleys, and a few of the mounting brackets. The rest of the brackets and drive shaft are in the machine shop.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I hope you know that 15psi on a supercharger is ALOT its gonna take alot of engine work to get it right

ill have to dig up my psi calculator from home but the amount of psi depends on the size of your crank pulley and other factors

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

I got 15 PSI after speaking to a guy named Sébbastien at W.O.T Performance in Quebec, he thinks it's possible. He's a certified dealer and tunner for Autronic, the ECU i'm going with.

Just as a note my engine has been bored out to 1.7 L.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
He has a turbo Accent, and is running Scoupe turbo pistons also... Also known as Wicked here...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts