Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup fellahs have you guys heard of a accent 2000 and up with h22a on it?
Is this legal in U.S.?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
anything is possible with mechanical experience and knowledge and $$$$$ your better off with forced induction or beta swap then swappeding a honda motor in, dsm motors have been swapped in our cars also

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Plus you don't want the usual Honda "death tick" at 85,000-ish miles...lol. My g/f's Civic just started it...and I don't want to fix it lol.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
honda's are so overrated..

h22 in a accent..hmm let's see..motor mount's need to be faricated, hassle of a time to get the wiring all done, the h22a can't be mated to accent tranny so honda transaxle has to be specially mounted, gotta find axles that fit ,fluid pumps might work...

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
The Hyundai Theta 2.4l has 170hp. That would at least be not switching makes, although all the custom fabrication would still be needed.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
A Sigma would work too but its kinda heavy.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Hmm...what about the Lambda? 230 HP...hehe...that would be sick..lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
Obviously with custom mounts and a lot of work but could the Delta fit in the LC2 or am I stuck with the BetaII.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Originally posted by TAK82
[body]

h22 in a accent..hmm let's see..motor mount's need to be faricated, hassle of a time to get the wiring all done, the h22a can't be mated to accent tranny so honda transaxle has to be specially mounted, gotta find axles that fit ,fluid pumps might work...

[/body]
haha
they are just popular not to mention their motors are designed really well.

Motor mounts are easy to make along with the axles. Use can use a honda wiring harness and cluster. The honda pumps would work with the accent rack, you would also use the honda tranny since it is geared for the motor output.'

personally it isnt that hard to do, just would take some time.

A K20 would be cool to see in an accent

[Edited by GregsterGSi on Mar 3, 2006 3:33 PM]

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Originally posted by TAK82
[body]

[/body]
nothing out of the ordinary eh

·
Registered
453 Posts
Originally posted by GregsterGSi
[body]

[/body]
negative, the GT II (1.8 liter 95hp) and the GTX 16V (1.8 liter 129hp) scirocco engine is a worthy swap, no more of that japanesey stuff....:devious:

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
My fantasy is still a Ford Small Block V-8 in my Accent...it will never happen, but I can dream, right?? lol..

·
Registered
143 Posts
There is a company that makes a drop in conversion for a V8 in a focus, rear drive and all(seems self evident but...) As far a Honda motor in a hyundai, it wouldn't feasible, at least not considering the other options. The belts are all on the wrong side, meaning the motor is backwards, all of the subframe would have to pulled and custom fabbed. It'd be easier , and more fun, to use a mitsubishi motor, there's an EVO drivetrain Accent in Australia. Yes Honda parts are plentiful and cheap but NO 4 cylinder Honda has ever come anywhere near as awesome as an EVO in high horsepower driveability.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Originally posted by stein36
[body]
Obviously with custom mounts and a lot of work but could the Delta fit in the LC2 or am I stuck with the BetaII.
[/body]
The Delta is too wide to fit without major chopping to make room.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Originally posted by zeroindigo
[body]
Originally posted by GregsterGSi
[body]

[/body]
negative, the GT II (1.8 liter 95hp) and the GTX 16V (1.8 liter 129hp) scirocco engine is a worthy swap, no more of that japanesey stuff....:devious:
[/body]
Why bother with that get a 1.8T

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Believe it or not, you can swap in a heck of a lot more older motors in than newer ones. Take a look in the engine compartment of an old Mustang, for example--it's so simple and clean! Not all cluttered with useless crap like today's motors.

But swapping in the GT II engine is pointless...it's got less HP than the Alpha II! I'd go with the 1.8T...hehe 8D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Honda engines are mounted on the wrong side of the car for X3 or LC.I have fitted a 4G63T EVOIII engine in my X3(also mounted to wrong side of the car).No honda will keep up with a worked EVO.

·
Registered
453 Posts
the point I was making is that the engineering behind those motors allows for much more power then they make stock, with all N/A mods, my friend made over 200HP with a 8v scirocco engine. Imagine what boost would do with that kind of strength in a motor...

anyway... if you guys want a honda motor, yippee, but it's been done and it's not that exciting... hooray....

let me know if anyone wants to go AWD, or RWD.... or do anything fun like dropping a euro motor in...

im just so tire of japan, I know they're great, but i'm done with them

EDIT:: evox3- right on!!!!

[Edited by zeroindigo on Mar 4, 2006 5:09 PM]

1 - 20 of 51 Posts