Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i'm sure i've seen this question before somewhere but after an hour of searching i cant find anything so i figured i'd ask again.

Can i use an '03 tibby rear sway bar (18mm) on my '03 accent? Also what is the size in mm of my stock accent sway bar? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Your stock sway bar is just perfect the way it is. Suspension wise the accent handles very well. For an 03 id just get front and rear strut bars and depending on "HOW MUCH" handling power your looking for either a good set of struts and springs or full coilovers. Im not talking for anyone, just going by my own feelings as well as what some people had told me and mentioned to me when i was looking for better than stock suspension help.

·
Registered
589 Posts
a tibby sway bar won't fit! watch ebay, there is a front sway bar for sale now, i'm sure a rear one will turn up eventually:)

·
Registered
737 Posts
a rear sway bar makes a huge difference on the accents when the rest of the suspension is dialed in. Just adding a rear sway bar will make the rear suspension do more work but you will still have a good bit of body roll to contend with.

occasionally they pop up in the for sale section or you can try peformance styling centre but i've heard they are not all that reliable on getting back to people lately.

my biggest word of advice is to not lower the car that much unless you want to run ksports or an equivalent full shortened coilover because you greatly reduce your suspension travel and will ride the bumpstops under anything harder than 50% driving.

using eibach prokits and kyb gr2s I ran into this problem all the time to give you an example.

Just remember the best way to help the handling on any car is with a better set of tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts