Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. So I've got the uber base model it doesn't have A/C power steering or anything of that nature. It also doesn't have a tack. I don't want one of those big after market things so I searched ebay and low and behold found one. My year too. So I bought the dash cluster. Tried to install and figured out the hard way that all the wires are in complety wrong places. I need some help. Is it a bad idea for me to even be doing this is it even possible (do I have all the wires I need) and how can I get help (talk to the hyundai dealer or what) so any info would be much appreciated. cuz I'm gonna be ticked if I spent all that money and it dont work. Oh well.

[Edited by Zanthus on Feb 14, 2006 8:36 AM]

·
Registered
631 Posts
Many have done the cluster swap. Just check webtech for the wiring diagrams and match the wires between the two.

I added a small aftermarket unit from Sunpro. A lot easier than swapping. Most PepBoys sell them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd do that but I really dislike the look of the after market. If theres a stock one available I'd rather have it. My personal preference however. Whats the website for webtech? Is the diagram easy to understand or do you have to have an associates or better in engineering to get it :) Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not to hijack the post, but when you installed the tac, did you run the signal wire from the coil (under the hood) or from the ECU? If you ran it right from the ignition coil, how did you know which wire to run it from? which did you use?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay those diagrams might as well be in greek. It means nothing to me. If anyone has an easier way to read them like possition on the connectors or atleast what color of wire on the connectors to chose from. Will my car have the signal wire already? Oh my head hurts. Sorry for being such a noob.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I ran my wire from the ECU. The diagrams are a little complicated, but print them out, take your time, and they will make sense.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright guys I'm really in a pinch. Webtech still hasnt shown me anything I keep getting more confused. So I called my hyundai Dealer to see what could be done. They said that it wasn't possible so anymore information would be nice. Like are they blowing it out their butts on this one or what? It has been done before if I'm not mastaken so why cant I do it. Help please.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts