Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... or at least my turbo did. Thats right its gone to that big junkyard in the sky. Seals blew out and the shaft had an inch of in/out play :D One more trip and my engine/intercooler would of ate that shaft..... Started taking it all apart, going to find a bigger, better turbo. Looking to make alot more power than I did last time :cool: Also going to do a few things i wanted to do before, like stainless braid a few lines that arent and add some arp rod bolts to ensure the engine. Will keep posted on progress, Im going to try to find an alternative to this stupid scoupe manifold.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yep, my exhaust seal just started leaking recently, luckily I don't have any shaft play in mine but even so i'm going to get it rebuilt so it will be good to go next season. In the process I too am going to modify some of the lines I previously made.

It always sucks to hear someones car go down for awhile. That is why I like having 2 cars. If one goes down, I still have the other one to drive.

Good luck with the rebuild.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I got a s-10 pickup truck, I'll just drive that so im in no big hurry. Sh** happens....

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I should but i cant afford it. Going to see what i can come up with though....

·
Registered
213 Posts
which A/R's you had on that Saab Turbo?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The saab turbo is a .48 intake .49 exhaust, and netted me 195whp with 220ft. lbs of torque (with the wastegate line pulled off lol). Need something bigger hows that 300zx turbo ?

·
Registered
213 Posts
hahaha that wg trick is a big one hahaha

mine is off a Z32, so its a t-25 .48in/.63ex

if you get oine off a z31, its a t3 i think its .48/.60?
also a volvo t3 is great with a .42/.48

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
It depends which Z31.
The 84-march 87's have the Garrett T3's.
84 was NOT water cooled.
April 87 thru 89 had T25's.

I have an early 87 300zx with the T3 on my garage floor. I wouldn't even use that small thing in an Accent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts