Discussion Starter #1
Here it is guys~
the actual chart of Beta Cams
XD cam is 232 degrees
old betas 240 was popular among korean tuners
but they needed ECU calibration
12 degree duration is a very very large difference
but new XD in cam can be used with stock ECU so that is a big PLUS

PS i never knew there was 1.6L tiburon...is there 1.6L tiburon?

XD(2.0) In 232 8.8mm
Out 236 8.7mm
RD(2.0) In 228 8.0mm
Out 240 9.0mm
RD(1.8) In 232 8.4mm
Out 240 9.0mm

[Edited by joonie78 on Nov 27, 2002 7:31 AM]

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Joonie, those cam specs are exactly the same as the ones I have posted. It appears our cams are the same.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what in the world?
i'm sorry i swear to god that i saw 232 for RD 2.0 intake...
i'm sorry...my bad
i was smoking crack or something...
i wasted time on asking people about actually spec on cams...
hehe you guys are straight...
have a good day~

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
I noticed you said something about the 240 cams in Korea. I'm actually thinking about trying to put a Beta 1 exhaust cam on my intake side. I'll have to look at the orientation of the teeth on the cam gear to see if it will line up. The exhaust cam has 0.229mm more lift and 8 more degrees of duration than even the XD intake cam. Of course, if this works, I'll be sure to let everyone know. Has anyone already tried this?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Until I finish my experiment, the XD intake cam is the best. Go to a dealer and ask for an intake cam for an '02 Elantra.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cobra,
if you are planning to use 240 exh cam for your intake cam, ECU calibration is a MUST. Hyunai enginners keep on saying these over and over...it's not the engine that is most important part of the car...but it is the brain, ECU. Before XD cam came out, alot of Korean tuners used exh cam and sold it as a package. CAM, ECU, and good stuff. I'm sure you have more knowledge than me, but make sure your ECU is correctly mapped for 12 degrees different duration.

Hope you find the hidden power :)

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
We'll be working with a very prominent Korean tuner to have ECU's re-programmed on an exchange basis. Details on Dec. 9th. :D

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yes there is a 1.6 Beta! It is in the European Spec Tibs. There is some debate over the 1st/2nd gens using the Beta, but the 3rd gen dfinatly iuses a 1.6 Beta...It might even be the Beta II

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
The XD cam is best for you.

·
Registered
143 Posts
so the exhaust cams fit on where the intake cam was.... hmm... so if i just changed the intake of 99 Tib 2.0 to 240degrees exhaust cam without the ECU reprogramming, what would happen :hmmm: ??
also, where can i get my ECU reprogrammed at?

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Changing between the XD and 1.8L cam you don't have to reprogram..just reset. All you do is unplug the negative terminal for 15-20 minuets and then plug it back in. If you don't do this your car just thinks its normal and that its a different driving condition. Now I think when you reset the ECU its goes to the defualt factory settings and then learns all over again. It will probably either speed up the timing or retard it most likeyl..not sure becuase I am not good with that..it will change your fuel maps around...ect. I have heard you notice the "hidden power" when you reset the ECU but if you don't your ECU will think nothing of it and you will just thinks it was BS. Just when installing disconnect the negative while you work that way you don't have to wait.

·
Registered
143 Posts
um... i know about that but just need to know if i get a 240 degrees cam for my intake, what happens IF I ONLY RESET THE ECU???

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
It won't run very well, you won't have enough fuel. I put the XD cam in my brother's Elantra and even that could benefit from a little fuel tuning. The 240 cam be just be worse. We will be selling custom tuned ECU's on an exchange basis.

·
Registered
27 Posts
20 years later, allot has changed. i8acobra, did you ever do the ex to int swap? Will I be able to tune what I need after that swap with an AEM FIC6?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts