Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When looking at the adjustable swaybars, what setting makes them equal to the resistence that the non-adjustable bars give you, in general. I'm specifically looking at LC2 swaybars but any specific knowledge that you know would be helpful.

I'm curious if it's really worth it to get the adjustable over non. Since I'm in florida I don't have to worry about winters which I see a lot of people switch to softer setting because of it.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Id get adjustable. What if it has scary handling when you go stiff in the rear? What if it drives like bupkis over expansion joints on freeways when you have it all the way stiff? I mean.. if you drive short trips you can have them stiff for nice corning, but if your going to be driving long distance id soften them up. As silly as that sounds, id still get adjustable. Just because you can.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
car's with stiff suspension are dangerous in the rain..

because all that roll stiffness is heavily depending on the tires..the tire's can only do so much to grip the wet asphalt.

damp road's are even more dangerous..its similiar to ice..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but do you guys know where the non-adjustable is equal to adjustable? It sounds like you're saying that the standard on the non-adjustable equals the adjustables most stiff settings.

·
Registered
737 Posts
both are 20mm on full soft they are the same as you move in on the mounting holes you get your spring rate increase. not sure exactly how much but you can notice it.

sway bars have nothing to do with the ride going down the highway that is solely the job of springs and dampers. sway bars only work when there is a side load on the car.

I know based on my experiences with my suspension setup, with the bar on full stiff with the ksports I can easily persuade the car to rotate in rain. This would be frightening for someone not used to the feeling.

I still suggest anyone spending the money to get a rear sway bar to get an adjustable one so you can adjust to meet your driving habits as you get more comfortable in the car. In rainy weather you just have to avoid driving like a jackass so you don't spin your car under braking and make sure your tires are in good shape. But in a race enviroment I appreciate the extra roll resistance in the rear to help me rotate the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts