Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced the driver's side low beam headlight in my 2003 Sonata, and though the bulb looks as bright as the other light, it does not project onto the road as well as the passenger side.

I thought something was wrong with the bulb and replaced it again, but the new bulb is the same. I looked to see if the headlamp was aimed correctly, but I don't see the normal hex head adjusters that I have used on my other cars.

There are two very large Phillips head screws on the back of the headlight bezel, but they seem to be protected by some sort of serrated washer. I am reluctant to go turning the screw heads without first knowing what will happen.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
91 Posts
go to www.hmaservice.com and register, from here you can access the same information that the hyundai repair technicians have, you just select your make and model and go from there, happy hunting

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great site you sent me to. It took way too long to get my password from the admin, but I found some really good stuff in their online manuals!

One item I did not find was how to remove the bevel around the radio and heater / air controls so I can replace the bulb to the temperature control. Or is this something Hyundai will replace for free?

Daniel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Success! Taking out the headlight assembly was a snap! I did the whole job in less than five minutes.

Here was what I found. The small retaining spring was not holding the base of the lamp tightly against the seat of the light assembly resulting in the lamp tipping up and not being in the center of the projector.

By slightly bending the spring and making sure it was placed in the right spot, the whole lamp is secuely against the base. I tested the lamp and am getting an equal spot from both sides.

Thanks for your help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts