Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!!

I have a 2007 elantra SLX and I love it so much! At the moment its stock but I really want to chuck on big tyres, chrome rims, lower it and get an exhaust! I wouldnt mind a body kit but I dont know where to get them from.

Any suggestions on tyre sizes, type of exhaust and how much to lower it and even body kits? Im not really knowledgable in my cars LOL so I need heaps of help!!

Example pictures will be great, just so I can see what you all are talking about :p LOL

Thanks!:cool:

·
Registered
42 Posts
hiya

First off welcome to HP.

And first I would think about it. If you bolt on some big rims, it's kind of pointless to lower it. Because of the clearance of the tire and the wheel well. And if you put a body kit on it make sure you are actually useing it. If you put one on it for show then make it a show car. But if you are just putting it on there to just put it on there I wouldn't bother. A body kit is made for down force and to keep the car on the road while at high speeds. Like track racing or drifting. So unless you strapped a new trany and made it into a rear wheel drive it's a waste.

What I suggest is go with some 17" rims. Lowering springs. Short throw, grill, tint, Full cat back exhaust. New headers, Cold Air Intake, and some strut bars. Once you do that if you still want more performance then you will probably have to boost it. Which all of that other info is located in the forum. Remember the Search feature is your friend on a forum of this age.

And word of advice, NEVER BUY FROM EBAY!! All of the parts and what nots are junk and should never even touch your car. Always buy the best to keep you car looking the best. :)

Hope I didn't change your mind about anything.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
A body kit is made for down force and to keep the car on the road while at high speeds. Like track racing or drifting.
just how true is that? i have a lot of trouble believing that a $300 bumper is engineered to factor in downforce.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts