Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AEM-COLD-AIR-INTAKE-HYUBDAI-TIBURON-GT-V6-03-04-21-521_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQitemZ8037093517QQrdZ1

Does this intake look alrgiht.... its the cheapest AEm one thats on Ebay.... its a real Aem intake. they have the fujita and injen ones also, but ive heard good things from this one. Anyway would you get this one if it was you?

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
go on Newtiburon.com and look for r100s. he sells the injen brand for a great price. short rams and cold air. short rams are cheaper than in that ebay auction.

here is the link to his for sale thread

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36636

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THanks... but in not interested in short ram. i want a CAI. but ill check out the link

How do i exactly order them though????? from this guy

[Edited by KP057 on Feb 12, 2006 3:44 PM]

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
u either send him a e-mail thru the addy in his profile, or become a member there and send him a PM and post in that thread. Short ram works just as good as the cai but costs less and is safer.

·
Registered
305 Posts
damn thats a lot of money? Does the AEM really do THAT much to the car? I got mine off ebay for $50 and it works great.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
safer? u mean water wise? anyway from my understanding they give similar preformance gains... but when ur car heats up its sucking in alot more hot air then the AEm cAi thats far away from the heat... also i would think the CAI will give u better sound cause its got more pipe to echo through

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
w/e. do what u do, spend more money on a cai and someone with an sri will still keep up with u... there are various threads stating the differences on NT.com. but it all depends on what u want. so if u want a cai, go for it on ebay then.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
read this and it will explain the differences

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1279&highlight=definitive+CAI+thread

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL... you seem to be real passionate about the SRI.... But Yea ik there more money for probly the same gains.... IDk i just like the way they look better and on my last car i had a CAi... anyway thanks for the link ill drop him an email

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
i have a black injen sri. its just safer IMO. i live in florida... the extra money spent on cai's just isnt worth it in my eyes....;):

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea i live up in rochester NY... right now its 19 degrees...LOL... but our summers are HOt... not as hot as flordia... usually around 80-95 degrees...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i joined new tiburon.com and im a member but i cant email member or anything... it says like i have to wait for an admin or somthing... but its been like a week... i just want to talk to that kid selling the intakes but i dont know his email

1 - 12 of 12 Posts