Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently got an AFC Neo but I haven't been able to find any good information and what i do find seems confusing. i probably found good information but I'm not sure how to use it.

I found:
my ECM ,NOT behind the center console
I'm not sure what kind of sensor type it has...
and I'm not exactly sure which wires to connect because the connection diagram only goes by the sensor type...

ehh please somebody help me, I know a lot more then 1 person has installed it into an American LC

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok that makes a lot of sense why all the diagrams didn't match.
have you installed an AFC Neo in the LC?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok well I found it and everything seems to match up, only that its in a really bad place for me to work in, not to mention the wire ball blocking the way. And I'm scared to make a mistake all of the sudden.

do you know what sensor type the LC's ECM is?

and if i could get more of a step by step analysis on how I should do this it would be GREAT. so far I'm seeing the pin out i found on this site.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol i was still confused why no diagram matched up but that would be funny and in a way i would hate myself a lot more after that:D

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
ok done with that now im looking for NA tuning numbers. all the install information was on this forum. so if anybody tuned the LC with similar mods and is willing to share, please. just for now untill i boost it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Does anyone have details and/or pictures of the installation of the NEO? I am going to be doing one this weekend in my 2002 Accent GSi and could use all the help I can get!

Rob

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey the way I figured it out was using the search function on this site. I ended up finding one where somebody installed a SAFC II but both the neo and the SAFC use the same wires for installing on our car.
I will try to find the thred for you.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Apexi S-AFCII Wiring Diagram (2002 Hyundai Accent)

S-AFCII
red_ +ig orange 13
green_ rpm gray @ cluster behind tach gauge
purple_ knock light orange 19
gray_ TPS gray 16
brown_-closed to ecu black 51
black_ -away from ecu black 51
yellow_ MAP closed to ecu blue 37
white_ MAP away from ecu blue 37

·
Registered
79 Posts
Does this cause any issues with the cel? Also I have heard with these installed you have to disconnect the o2 to force the car in to closed loop mode (think its this one), otherwise the car adapts to the safc is this true?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my accent is an 01 so i dont know about CEL but as long as things are set to 0 it wont conflict with anything.

as far as 02 sensors you dont need to unplug anything i dont know why anyone would do that or where u heard it.

the AFC system works fine on my car with no problem yet to speak of.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts