Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys....I finally found an aftermarket cam for our SOHC Alpha engine...its from Australia. Coming in tomorrow....:)
Check it out...Tighe Cams, brisbane, camshafts, automotive, Motorcycle, diesel, semi finished
I opted for the middle range...with mild idle characteristic (876A/1163C). Most likely will install when I am replacing my timing belt. Will update on the performance. I am not planning to custom an adjustable cam gear...but is it really necessary...? Can anyone feedback? Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you mind disclosing cost??
getting a cam would be nice....if its not too expensive :D
Hi, sure no problems....its not liked trade secret or something...AUS$525 for the unit I chosen. I just saw it this morning... really made from scrap and the lift is higher! :p
Noticed u live in Perth...so getting it should be lower on ur shipping cost. I noticed camtech is in Aust too...but they just dont reply emails...u can try calling them too?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
post you dyno before and after the cams..,.
Hi Bro, the cam is in with new timing belt. Havent got the time to do a dyno check....but this is the initial butt feeling......... :)
Was doing my own road tuning using ScanTool and SAFC...idling is lumpy.... and kept throwing Fuel trim too rich bank 1 CEL. Did a correction and 1K rev range is -4% to -2%.... During normal running...rev range from 2k to 3k, everything was ok and long term and short term fuel trim was perfect 0!!:). Correction was +6% to +8%...
Power seems to come on very strong from 3k rev...even at 4th gear it took only a few seconds for me to rev from 3k till rev cut 6k... I am quite sure that it should continue to make power up till 7k rev....
Will update the final outcome....wish me luck...hopefully I can hit 100HP at crank...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi, sure no problems....its not liked trade secret or something...AUS$525 for the unit I chosen. I just saw it this morning... really made from scrap and the lift is higher! :p
Noticed u live in Perth...so getting it should be lower on ur shipping cost. I noticed camtech is in Aust too...but they just dont reply emails...u can try calling them too?
wwwoooo here in puerto rico we have an accent turbo with custom cam and only cost $175 i think is a bit expensive

·
Registered
53 Posts
our friend Medic from Hyper Australia is selling his Performance Cams to suit DOHC X3 Excel

Stage 3 Tighe (Camtech) Cams
248 degree intake & exhaust
0.311 lift
RPM from 2800-7000

These are rare to find now as many places don't hard face weld cams anymore, they come with the OEM cam gear but if people are instered i can add an aftermarket cam gear for a little extra $$$

They will run on factory ECU settings, and these cams were previously off 1x32go (NA15XL) car and the cams alone on stock ECU make 10Kw at the wheels on a good idle.

i have been told that they may suit an LC LC2, hense the reason i've brought them, but i haven't installed them so i can't verify myslef, but NA15XL has checked with camtech and some hyundai techs and says that they are all good. I'm selling them as i haven't used them and they are sitting around taking up space.

If your interested... Hyper Auto Club • View topic - 248 Degree Cams for X3 Excel (LC LC2 maybe ?? ) $500

Cheers Ryan

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wwwoooo here in puerto rico we have an accent turbo with custom cam and only cost $175 i think is a bit expensive
I admit its a little ex...but from where I am....I can neither find one custom or get someone to regrind one for me. I dont have much choice actually.

Tighe Cams were nice enough to arrange shipping for me....lucky thing a friend of mine went to Brisbane and hand carry it back for me....managed to saved on shipping.... Tighe Cam rep even sent it to my friend's motel in the city area.

Bottom line is its a great product...finally I know what high cam is all about... and how it perform...

Ryan, I got a friend looking for DOHC Alpha cams....i will link this page to him. He will contact u directly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts