Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I have a 99 Tiburon. I've owned quite a few honda's, instead on several honda's, and it's been fairly easy. Now I haven't actually sat down to play with this aftermarket deck already installed, but I don't have a clue on how to begin to remove this one, and put mine in. I first wanna guess that the screws on each side of the center console have to be removed, then eventually you gain access to the sides of the deck to help remove it? Any help would be great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hard.

On my '99 Tiburon SE it's not easy to get a deck in.. I ended up breaking off my ash tray at one point. It takes alot of forcing. But the whole peice below the Air Circulation has to come off. But first of all. Your aftermarket deck that came with the car has to come out. Usually, you don't need to take the dash apart to do so. On my sony deck there are two key things you click in to remove it. I beleive many pioneer have the same set-up. If it is different, or you don't have the keys, your on your own with the deck.

But if you need the mounting peice out and everything, yes, you need to remove the screws you mentioned earlier. But also, you have to take the plastic part surrounding your shifter. It just clicks out, you have to force it. After you've done that and taken out your screws, get your shifter out of the way, and the whole plastic peice your deck in should pull out forward. Again, it takes force.

Good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the response, but I actually just sat down and did it one afternoon. You are correct, the whole console bellow the air cirulation piece has to come out. You first unscrew the 4 screws (2 on each side) of the console. You then lift up the piece around the gear box, then remove the console piece around the deck. As simple as that. Took maybe a full hour to remove, rewire, and install the deck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts