Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay guys I'm having a problem hooking up an aftermarket tach on my 95 accent 1.5l 5 spd. the car originally had no tach in the dash at all so I installed an after market one, but since my car has 2 seperate coils it only reads at half values as the tach works on a cycle basis. Is there any way that I can hook up both coils to the tach without installing 2 diodes in the wiring so the coils don't cross feed through the tach?

·
Registered
12 Posts
okay guys I'm having a problem hooking up an aftermarket tach on my 95 accent 1.5l 5 spd. the car originally had no tach in the dash at all so I installed an after market one, but since my car has 2 seperate coils it only reads at half values as the tach works on a cycle basis. Is there any way that I can hook up both coils to the tach without installing 2 diodes in the wiring so the coils don't cross feed through the tach?
i try the same, With NTE 5808 Diodes pero doesnt work!!

Search in the forum, someone create a same thread!!!
IS THE ANSWER that are u lookin for!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I installed a tach on my '02 accent and had the same problem. My tach was a sunpro and when I flipped the switch on the back to 2L engine, it worked normally. If you have the option, the split coils looks to the tach like 2 seperate 2L engines.

Its at least worth a shot. I finally have the chance to help somebody!!:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
I use a digital tach that I am able to select the # of cylinders, so I changed it to 2 and hooked it up to 1 of the coils. Works perfect.

·
Registered
464 Posts
The best way to do it is to tap into the tach signal wire from the ECU and not directly to the coil, I had a tach installed on my car before I purchased a new cluster and that was the easiest way to do that. Just check out HMAservice.com and find the pinout for the ECU, then just tap into that wire either right at the ECU or behind the cluster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts