Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maintenance schedule says to replace AIR FILTER For Evaporator and Blower Unitevery 12,000 miles, while AIR CLEANER FILTER should be replaced every 30,000 miles.

What the heck is the difference? Which one filters air that goes into combustion chamber?

·
Registered
367 Posts
air filter is for the engine.(under hood)
a/c filter known as a cabin filter is behind the glove box, and it filters dust and pollen and some other allergens from the air circulation system in your car.

·
Registered
367 Posts
what year is your car? 03 tibs have them so I would assume that 03 elantras would also,if its in your owners manual then it should tell you the location of the cabin filter.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
just incase you have it
they do come as an option. they won't make 20 diffrent manuals for the same car just because of diffren't option setups....

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Originally posted by zhenya
[body]
As far as I know Elantra is not even equiped with an a/c filter. How am I supposed to replace something every 12,000 miles if I don't even have it in the first place?

[/body]
I guess if you don't have it you can't replace it...Crazy concept eh:??::hmmm:

·
Registered
670 Posts
I read on elantragtclub.com that the North AMerica version of the Elantra didn't come with it, but the filter from the Tib will fit behind the glove box.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Shiloh97, I know this is kinda late to the party but I have a 05 Tib that did not come with a filter, but has the space. I put one in. Go to any auto store website, AutoZone, Oreillys, Advance Auto and you should be able to find the right filter once you put in your year and model of car. Right now they are coming up about 15.00 for a basic STP filter. Hope this helps out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts