Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i buy these cone air filters for 35 bucks.... but they keep hitting a peice of metal in the engine bay. Which then makes a tiny hold about ball point pen size and makes the filter worthless takes about 2 months for it to do this anyways..... is there anything i could use to patch up these filters?

·
Registered
183 Posts
First you should find out what it's hitting in your engine bay to prevent the problem again. Either move the cone to a different angle or something. In my car my SRI intake was vibrating so much the metal part on the end of the cone filter scatched off some paint on the underneath of my hood.

Plugging a hole that size won't affect any of the air flow restrcition. You can use anything that will hold and won't make a difference in performance. Such as Cocking (make sure it dries completely before using).

OR i was thinking this link at the bottom, It's for cold air intakes to prevent water from getting in. It would fix your problem.

Injen Hydro Shield

Chears!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wasnt worried about performance but about all the dirt and stuff going into the engine just from that tiny hole.... i found what it was hitting i put duck tape all around it and moved the air filter assembly higher and put paper around it so it doesnt bump anything to hard problem solved :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts