Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My problem is quite simple. Somebody has cut the female connector that connects to the male end on my airflow sensor. I just simply need to know the order (from left to right....and standing on the drivers side) that the wires connect to the sensor. I have a solid black, solid red, white with a green stripe, and white with a yellow stripe....please help!!! My car's check engine light is on and the people at Auto Zone hooked it up and said that that was the problem! My car dies out on me every time i downshift to second gear....or just leave it running in neutral, like say at a drive through.

Thx!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btw...it's a 97 tiburon....i've checked around the lots and i can't find 97 tiburons anywhere near here, even the junkyards have no clue!!! The dealership says that want to charge me $650 to replace the WHOLE HARNESS!!! I just need to know the order the wires go in, and than i'm good

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
goto hmaservice.com and create a login if you dont have one. The go under service information and click search. Search for the mass air flow sensor and look at the wire schematic. There was a old thread by Thasilvia where I gave him a diagram of it but I couldnt find it for you. Webtech has it for sure though!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They have a schematic of the harness....but i need the color codes....a black and white schematic doesn't help.....

thx though....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts