Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I guess you can say I have a ShortRam Intake?? (See Pics) My Newbie question is, will I have any problems if I do not have my Intake Airtemp Sensor hooked up?

I have 1996 Accent and I am having a hard time finding AirIntakes, whether Short Ram or Cold Air, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be great help.

CarSponsor.com - Member Photo

CarSponsor.com - Member Photo

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My Car may have answered for me....The check engine light came on today. I changed to the short ram today and drove it for a few hours and that's when the light came on......................I will change it tomorrow and wait until I can get the right pipe with the sensor fitting :mad:

·
Registered
959 Posts
it isn't necessary. but are you sure it isn't a maf. im not too sure about the accents though. at any rate, unplug your batter for five minutes to reset your computer and the cel should go away. if it stays, who cares. i have so many performance mods on my car and i race it alot and i think i have five or six cel codes now.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yes, your IAT (Intake Air Temp.) sensor is quite important. Honda's won't keep a steady idle without it plugged in to the intake tube.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx Attist178

Yes, your IAT (Intake Air Temp.) sensor is quite important. Honda's won't keep a steady idle without it plugged in to the intake tube.
I am kinda finding that to be true of the Accent also. Yesterday I went to Autozone and when I came out and started the car, it acted like it wanted to stall. I will be going over to Pepboys, they supposed to have an attachment for the sensor.
Very useful info fellas, thanx a bunch, I will keep you posted on the results, Thanx again :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts