Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I can't find The AIT on my 2001 Elantra and would like to relocate it to the front of my bumper. A co-worker has it done on his z-24 cavalier. :duh:

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
rbenke - It's plugged into your factory airbox. Relocating it to your front bumper is not a good idea. The reason he did it is so it gets a cooler reading. All this does is adjust the ECU to add more fuel to compensate for the colder air, thus making the car run richer. Well Hyundais run rich from the factory, and actually gain power from REMOVING some of the fuel trim, not adding to it. What he did is also the same concept as the stupid BS "mod chips" on eBay which alter the AIT signal to a colder reading.

Mad-Machine - Air Intake Temperature sensor :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about the AIT!! I meant the IAT and I checked the stock box and there is no wires. It should be from the intake manifold to the MAF. But can't find it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Don't mean to be a smartass so correct me if im wrong. Does your car have maf or map ?Coz if it's map - you aint got one.
On my tibby with an maf it was not on the airbox but on the tubing right before the maf.

[Edited by scotto46 on Sep 27, 2004 8:33 PM]

·
Registered
230 Posts
on the 2001-2003 elantra, the IAT sensor is built into the map sensor and is directly attached to the intake manifold.

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts