Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Super Moderator
2000 model Hyundai Lantra GLS 2.0 (G4GF) factory 5 speed manual. Fully optioned. Most things work...
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been holding onto a pair of 15x6JJ alloy wheels from my first car (this makes them 30 YEARS OLD) in the vain hope that one day, the rest would make an appearance and I could have a full set of 5. They were originally fitted to a Mitsubishi which makes them 4 x 114.3 PCD but the centre hub is 74.1mm (I think...) which means they will only fit Hyundais up til mid 2000's with a hub centric adapter. One day while dumpster diving at a UPI yard, I finally found 3 matching wheels to complete the set. Admittedly, they are hell beat up but not beyond being resurrected. I may or may not be fitting them to my sons' XD Elantra as I've already mounted a new 185-50/15 tyre to it which makes them look small on the Elantra but the profile and width will make it grip the road a lot better. Ideally it needs 16 or 17" wheels to look right but I may end up flipping them or just hold onto them til the right ride shows up...

· Super Moderator
2000 model Hyundai Lantra GLS 2.0 (G4GF) factory 5 speed manual. Fully optioned. Most things work...
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Automotive tire Automotive design Bicycle part Rim Alloy wheel

One of the surviving alloy wheels I've kept in storage (this is the one in best condition) Was originally fitted to my first car - a Mitsubishi Cordia. Wheel is Cheviot Spyder manufactured by ROH Wheels in Australia. 15x6JJ 4x114.3 PCD

· Super Moderator
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Automotive tire Alloy wheel Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim

Stripped and polished the wheel by hand. They originally were diamond machined with painted silver inserts and clear coated but road use had left them scratched up and the coatings had oxidised
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Hubcap

Inner machined face was also linished by hand

· Super Moderator
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Masked up inside and out and painted with charcoal hammer finish from a spray can

· Super Moderator
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wheel Automotive tire Hubcap Rim Composite material

This one is wretched. I loaned it to a friend to move one of his cars and it sat for a while in the worst conditions...

· Super Moderator
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Automotive tire Wheel Tire Road surface Tread

Linished it up inside and out by hand after a massive clean with oven cleaner

· Super Moderator
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wheel Automotive tire Alloy wheel Rim Tire

Paint stripped ready for refinishing and paint. There is a ton of pitting from oxidisation - a lot of fine hand sanding awaits...

· Super Moderator
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Wheel #1 vs wheel #2. To hand finish one wheel in this condition takes about 2 weeks o_O

1 - 11 of 11 Posts