Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
if i buy kdmstuff.com's low comp gasket for my alpha will my engine able to hold up 8pis supercharger with 60 shot of NOS??? well it says it is for turbo but i guess it can be used with supercharger as well

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
The low comp gasket is so you can handle more boost either from a turbo or S/C. The addition of NOS is going to create more power and a hell of a lot more strain on your engines internals.Thats where you will want to get stronger con rods, head studs..ect.

It really depends all on what you have planned for your car.

Are you going for 250+ whp? Do you still want your car to be able to be a daily driver?
Honestly though your not going to need a high comp gasket. You'll be able to get enough power at a tuned 8 psi off the engine the way it is.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hay thanks ok so with stock internal + 8psi boost
do you know if my stock engine will take 60 shot of NOS??? on top of 8psi?

·
Registered
737 Posts
it all depends on how much fuel you are willing to use and if the stock drivetrain can take the abuse.

our motors are pretty sturdy from what i've experienced but I wouldn't push to far on stock driveline parts(clutch, axles, diff) and definately not on stock fuel components.

You have to remember that nitrous oxide is an oxidizer meaning it adds more oxygen content to what your already taking in. If you aren't compensating for this by adding in fuel(wet system) or bumping up the fuel in some other manner your going to wind up with a dangerously lean condition with a good possibility of detonation.

Your best bet is to get it running nice and rich on boost alone first and then adding in the squeeze if you feel you need it. Truthfully 8psi should be more than enough.

·
Registered
30 Posts
NOS is also corrosive and over time will actually pit your cylinder walls but i guess it's not gunna be a NOS PIG is it.
Personally, forget the nos, you wont need it.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Ditto....Nos is like steroids...you get HUGE gains while on it but then you run out and long term its very harmful.
slamedlantra said:
NOS is also corrosive and over time will actually pit your cylinder walls but i guess it's not gunna be a NOS PIG is it.
Personally, forget the nos, you wont need it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts