Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an odd question and have searched the forums without any luck of finding an answer. I have very nice 1999 Tiburon that I’m using as a Beta donor for my 1996 Accent. I’m comfortable with the Beta into the x3 swap but that leaves me with one problem, a really nice Tiburon with no motor. I was thinking about sticking my old Accent motor back into the Tiburon and using it as a daily beater while building up my Accent. What I was wondering is if anyone else has done this or has any advise on the swap. Other than swapping ecu’s, fabricating engine mounts and exhaust work what other problems may I encounter? If there is any other info that I can give to help please let me know.

·
Registered
29 Posts
why not just sell the alpha motor and buy a beta motor?

sure you'll have a little more in it but why mess up a perfectly good tib. Beta's are CHEAP as well.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
supercow said:
why not just sell the alpha motor and buy a beta motor?

sure you'll have a little more in it but why mess up a perfectly good tib. Beta's are CHEAP as well.
Thanks for your input and yes I have thought about this too but lets not worry about why, I'm concerned about how.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Id do it. Itll probably be really slow but oh well. As far as how,...? It prolly wont be too hard after you've swaped your accent, in fact it would be quite easy. I don't see alot of problems.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I think they put 1.6L betas in some Tiburons...

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
heh, why not put a alpha in a tib? the motor is a small 1.6L so the power to weight ratio is pretty full of potential.

it'll make the car light so it'll handle slightly better than most tiburons..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts