Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all I have a 95 scoupe LS. and I just rebuilt the 1.5L and have no way to get to a dyno here and am lookin for some close HP TQ numbers for this motor thats been built up a little. for starters its non turbo and I dont mind that for now. the engine was just rebuilt. new pistons rings machine work. oil pump the works my engine mods are. a .5mm over bore. putting me at 1525cc ''i think''over 1495cc I have an AEM CAI. factory header and a newer accent intake manifold both port matched. a magnaflow cat 2'' cat back exhaust with an apexi N1 muffler. NGK performance plugs and bosh 7.5mm peformance leads. its also always ran on 91 octain fuel. 93 at the drag strip. I know it dosent matter for power but its also got an exedy 200mm clutch kit. the car has racing seats no back seat and some other weight removed it feels so much faster than stock with the blew rings it keeps up with a 98 1.8 auto tibby and a 2000 2.0 5 speed tibb. any info would help i know people have built some bad 1.5s.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Um really all you have left to do is go turbo. Add some boost and you'll be :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and I plan to boost as soon as I can but the rebuild and build up of my NA motor was almost 1000 and like 400 in body work but I did all the work but the machine work on the motor. built the mill body and paint. was I kinda wanna know is how much power should this motor be putting down. and is there any more free power I can get? bypass coolant lines or any thing?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Put your back seats in...

It's not worth the 0.01 seconds. I've fully stripped a stock Civic and a stock Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX and ran then on the track and we noticed a .07 and a .12 maximum difference between EVERYTHING we took out. I think it weighed a little over 120 from the Eclipse and 104 lbs out of the Civic, but we took out the sound deadener too.

Once you boost, you'll notice a gain of around 50hp, depending on your tune and your compression setup.

Howie~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts