Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the poor intro...i've been a member for a while and haven't met anyone yet. My name is Nathaniel. I was wondering if anyone on here has a BETA I with an intercooled or non intercooled Alpine Turbo kit. Just want to know how many pounds of boost your pushing and the power gains( or estimated power gains) you've received. Thanks a lot.

Nathaniel

·
Registered
24 Posts
well if your looking 2 build a turbo kit from scratch, supposively, the Turbo manifold from 4G63T ( Eagle Talon; Mitsubishi Eclipse ) bolts rite up 2 the G4CP's in 99-00 Hyundai Elantras. u could hook it up with a stock Eclipse 16G turbo, APEXi Air Flow Controller, and hit up Ebay 4 the intercooler and universal Piping, idk, just an idea

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
well if your looking 2 build a turbo kit from scratch, supposively, the Turbo manifold from 4G63T ( Eagle Talon; Mitsubishi Eclipse ) bolts rite up 2 the G4CP's in 99-00 Hyundai Elantras. u could hook it up with a stock Eclipse 16G turbo, APEXi Air Flow Controller, and hit up Ebay 4 the intercooler and universal Piping, idk, just an idea
eh.. you might want to round out the holes a little, and there are fitment issues with the oilfilter and alternator... but when it comes down to it, your turboing a car that doesnt have a turbo.. so your going to have issues.. EVERYWHERE.;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
yea, ive heard that from a few ppl now, but still, its better than custom fabing an exhaust manifold from scratch. another issue i noticed, i kinda wonder if u can clear the right side radiator fan with that manifold n turbo bolted into the car...

·
Registered
174 Posts
nope, it gets pretty damn close to the radiator. You need to get an aftermarket fan, flip it to the front, reverse polarity on it and your problem is solved

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
yea, ive heard that from a few ppl now, but still, its better than custom fabing an exhaust manifold from scratch. another issue i noticed, i kinda wonder if u can clear the right side radiator fan with that manifold n turbo bolted into the car...
why not buy the bazillion turbo manifolds that are for sale. including the $175 ebay special one, that is acctually very very nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts