Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an amp installed to run my four speakers (front and rears). Anyway the installer ran all the cables (power,signal,speakers) down the one side of the car. I do have alternator whine, and every "How to install an Amplifier" article I have read says to run the speaker and signal cables down the opposite side of the car. My question is, how often is this really a problem? Has anyone done this and then re-routed the cables according to the guides and actually found a difference? I know inadequate grounding is also a possiblity aswell.

·
Registered
197 Posts
means you got crappy RCA's and they arent sheilded well.. move them down the other side, should cut down, if not get rid of all of it.. or you could do ground drops every 3 inches, but thats a pain in the ass... just move it.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yeah, on shielded rca's it's usually not a problem, but in your case it is.

Run them down the other side of the car and bill the shop that did the install, or you could bring it back to them and tell them to fix it.

Usually the higher quality rca's have a grounding wire in the middle (no children, it's not supposed to be used as the remote lead).

I have seen this wire on cheaper rca's of late, so good luck

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've got a set of RCA's that I'm using and they have the grounding wire down the middle of them...Not using the ground wire mind you, but maybe I should just for good measures. lol:ermm:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts