Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody used this stuff before?
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/metalcast.html
Its supposed to make things look anodized. Im thinkin about, on my 05 Accent GT, doin my intake, filter top, the plate on the top of my engine that covers the spark plug wires(no clue what its called), oil cap, exhaust tip(hell maybe the whole muffler) and my new strut tower bar when i get it. The color im gonna do is the smoke, cause im goin for a silver and black look. Any input would be great.

[Edited by atrimble_2001 on Nov 14, 2005 10:50 PM]

·
Registered
341 Posts
Nice, im going for a silver and black look aswell. With some yellow in the engine bay and interior. = P But to answer your question I used it but I wasn't fasinated with it. It doesn't look all that great so I changed it back to a solid yellow color. Maybe a different color would look better..

P.S: See you at the meet on Saturday.

[Edited by Patrickmann on Nov 15, 2005 2:15 AM]

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heck ya ill be there saturday. Got to show off the new goodies i got.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't care for the Metalcast, but I have used the Anodize-it, and that works really well, even near heat. I painted my heat shield with it and It still looks really good.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I tried it. It's ok, but not my style. I don't think I'd use it again.

Here is a modifed stock strut housing painted with the blue duplicolor metalcast:

·
Registered
341 Posts
I guess if you spray it on the piping for an intake it would look good. I wouldn't use it for anything else though..

[Edited by Patrickmann on Nov 16, 2005 2:16 AM]

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
yeah, my intake pipe was only painted, not primered.

my wheel cover's are flaking off the paint and need repaint themwith something.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got my old stock rims if you wanna buy em Tak. There factory alloys 14" with tires.

·
Registered
48 Posts
with that metalcast its almost candy. you have to put down some type of primer for it to look right.
-chris;):

·
Registered
646 Posts
Originally posted by accentric97
[body]
with that metalcast its almost candy. you have to put down some type of primer for it to look right.
-chris;):
[/body]
It IS a candy clearcoat. If what you're painting is not silver or metal, then you lay down a base coat of silver. Then spray the candy clear coat. It's nothing groundbreaking or new in the auto body world, just kinda new to the spray can world...

·
Registered
182 Posts
It also looks really good over wire-brushed aluminum.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i can imagine it owuld look cool over straight metal though.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The things i would be painting are my intake and that metal plate that covers the spark plug wires(help i got no clue what its called).

·
Registered
341 Posts
I just call the whole thing the rocker cover. If it's just that silver part just unscrew the 3 screws and your in business.

[Edited by Patrickmann on Nov 17, 2005 3:39 PM]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts