Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey doc...

I think I have anorexia. I'm just pushing 5'7" and I just weighed myself this morning at 100 lbs.

Here's how it all started.

Back in the winter months I weighed 120lbs and wanted to slim down so I could feel good in a bathing suit. I also wanted to slim down so I can eventually try a modeling career. I know those girls are disgustingly thin. But I didnt want to be that thin. So I set my goal at 110lbs.

So mostly I cut back on eating fast food and bad stuff. I did excersise a bit too. Fine. I got down to 110 no problem.

But then in July early August I went down to 105lbs. I've stayed at that for a while. People always mentioned that I was skinny and I should model and stuff so I thought everything is ok.

But in the past month I've been getting drepressed about it, especially now that I'm 100lbs. It's making me cranky and emotional and it's effected a lot of relationships and my daily functioning.

I was reading this thing about personality traits associated with anorexia, this whole list:

Low self-esteem.
Difficulty communicating negative emotions, such as anger, sadness, or fear.
Difficulty dealing with conflict.
A need to please others; often described as a "good girl."
Perfectionism, always striving to be the best at whatever he or she does.
A need to be in control.
A need for attention.
Troubled relationship with parents (although it may appear that the relationship is close).
Problems separating from or being independent of the family.
High expectations from family.
Struggles with demands to be more independent and self-sufficient.
Problems with identity—not certain of who he or she is or where he or she is going in life.

All of that applies to me. Its scary.

I want to start eating more but I can't. I'll start eating something and get halfway through or just eat a few bites. I could go the whole day eating just one small thing. And seeing greasy food like McDonalds used to make me wanna eat it but now it grosses me out. I still love fattening foods though. I love pizza, fried chicken, steak. I try to eat it but just can't finish it.

Its so depressing. I never thought this could ever happen to me. I was the chubby chick in high school, who ate McDonalds and Wendys every day.

Do you have any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks doc.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
You need to seek the help of a professional. You need to see a doctor with will more than likely put you on anit-depressants. He will more than likely also recommend some professional help such as a counsler or shrink. He could possibly also have you attend metings on anerexia and other eating disorders.

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no I dont wanna go on antidepressants and I dont wanna see a doctor...I did that a few years ago when i developed OCD and recently I was going to a shrink because of the accident. I just need some way to start eating again and to get happy. This has been making me so depressed and Ive been pushing away my loved ones and friends and ruining new relationships. It sucks. I wish I couldve seen this sooner before I fvcked everything up.

The very good news is that Im finally getting over trichotillomania, the hairpulling. Its taken a long time but Im finally doing it. So I can get over the anorexia too. Im gonna go get some Wendys right now I think.

I kinda wish I was still with my ex cause his fat @ss was constantly eating, LOL. And of course that meant I was being fed too hahaa.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Wendys sounds pretty damn good right now!!! Well then you will just have to eat and even if you think you dont want it eat it anyways. Just eat right and have at least three square meals a day. force feed I guess.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Just seeing that you have a problem and admitting it is the best first step you can make. I'm sure you already have, but look through some websites dedicated to anorexia and see what other people are doing to help them through the same problem. Remember, you are special, so take care of yourself and be you..you are the only you;):

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Hello Tibby Chick,

A lot of people face similar problems that you are. Typically a woman that is 5 feet 7 inches tall should weigh around 135 pounds. It does appear that your bone structure/build is smaller than average. Therefore 120 pounds is most likely a lighter ideal weight for you.

The biggest problem that I see for you to overcome is that you aren't happy nor are able to accept yourself. It doesn't matter what weight you are. The weight you currently are at is unhealthy even for a person 5 feet 4 inches tall, but I think you understand this.

It appears you also have trouble with communicating feelings and this may also due to a fear that people won’t accept how you feel. Getting out how you feel about a situation is very important, regardless of how you may feel other people will feel about you. Keeping it inside is much worse and one of the reasons why you are where you’re at with how you feel.

Here’s the good news :)

Gaining weight is pretty easy. Open mouth insert food. Eating the right kinds of foods is important and exercising is too. See below for suggestions.

Eating fresh fruits and vegetables (raw) 9-11 servings per day, chicken 2-3 servings/day, fish 1 serving/day (wild salmon only), nuts 2 servings/day, occasional red meat 1 every other day, rice 2-3 serving/day, pasta's 1-2 servings/day, and breads 1-2 servings/day. This will be a good start. Cardiovascular exercise like jogging 1-2 miles a day is also good as well as using weight equipment at the gym to build toner muscles. Toner muscles = a better physique.

Talking to someone when they offend you and not holding it inside is important too. Share your personal feelings when something is bothering you with friends and family.

Finding out why you feel the way you do as far as being depressed is important. Using anti-depressants isn't the long-term answer, but can be helpful for short-term use till you figure out why you are depressed. Using drugs to cover or mask a problem isn’t the answer either.

Seeking help through counseling and or a psychologist/psychiatrist is also important. It doesn’t mean you are crazy, just seeking help from those trained how to help people suffering with things like you are.

Wishing you the best and I’m sure with time you’ll be able to accept yourself and have better relationships with the people around you.

[Edited by Doc on Oct 11, 2005 6:18 PM]

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks doc, and everyone.

I know one of my biggest problems too is I overannalyze everything...and care too much what other people think...

yeah Im gonna go pig out now, lol.

·
Registered
853 Posts
[body]Gaining weight is pretty easy. Open mouth insert food.[/body]
What I wish it was easy, for the last 3 years now I've been trying to put on weight and increased my diet intake by double, and also buying wieght gainer shakes, and I tried everything and I haven't gained one pound, if anything lost like 4 or 5. IT SUCKS, I"M SO SICK AND TIRED OF NOT BEING ABLE TO GAIN WEIGHT. I eat all the bad stuff too, I stuff my face with junk food and chocolat and fast food and pop. I always go to sleep with a full stomach, I have 4-5 big meals a day with many snacks in between. WTH am I doing wrong? I sleep a day and do nothing do I don't excserise my wiehgt off.

[Edited by Ru-E on Oct 11, 2005 8:56 PM]

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Originally posted by Ru-E
[body]
[body]Gaining weight is pretty easy. Open mouth insert food.[/body]
What I wish it was easy, for the last 3 years now I've been trying to put on weight and increased my diet intake by double, and also buying wieght gainer shakes, and I tried everything and I haven't gained one pound, if anything lost like 4 or 5. IT SUCKS, I"M SO SICK AND TIRED OF NOT BEING ABLE TO GAIN WEIGHT. I eat all the bad stuff too, I stuff my face with junk food and chocolat and fast food and pop. I always go to sleep with a full stomach, I have 4-5 big meals a day with many snacks in between. WTH am I doing wrong? I sleep a day and do nothing do I don't excserise my wiehgt off.

[Edited by Ru-E on Oct 11, 2005 8:56 PM]
[/body]
Sounds like the metabolism of 3 men ;). Give it time as you age your metabolism should slow down.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
On your blog,, you said you ate once a day and you exercise. eating once a day ain't good.

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know...Ive been lazy and cheap lately...

today I ate so much. Not really healthy foods at all but it was better than nothing. Mainly what Im trying to do right now is get used to eating more again.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
you probably havent been lazy just have had no energy? Perhaps that is because you are not eating.

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, its exactly why, lol

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Are you still in MI? If so come to my house. I will make us lots of foods and drink some beers, not lite beer either LOL

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
aw thanks Breezy. Im home though now. Ive been doing better. Im trying to eat three meals a day now.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Try a tomatoe sandwich. they are the best. slice tomatoe, toast bread, use mirical whip on both sides, then sprinkle with a little salt...awesome!!!!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Originally posted by Doc
[body]

Gaining weight is pretty easy. Open mouth insert food. Eating the right kinds of foods is important and exercising is too. See below for suggestions.

Eating fresh fruits and vegetables (raw) 9-11 servings per day, chicken 2-3 servings/day, fish 1 serving/day (wild salmon only), nuts 2 servings/day, occasional red meat 1 every other day, rice 2-3 serving/day, pasta's 1-2 servings/day, and breads 1-2 servings/day. This will be a good start. Cardiovascular exercise like jogging 1-2 miles a day is also good as well as using weight equipment at the gym to build toner muscles. Toner muscles = a better physique.

[Edited by Doc on Oct 11, 2005 6:18 PM]
[/body]
Yo doc, just a query on wat you said before, how much cosntitutes a serve? It may seem like a stupid question, but i serve of salmon for all i no is 1kg... Also are you meant to eat all that in each day? fresh fruits and vegetables, chicken, fish , nuts, occasional red meat, rice, pasta and breads. Cos unless i started having chicken, salmon and rice sandwices for breakfast i dunno if i could fit all that into 1 day.... Thanks for any advice.
Cheers, Anand :)

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
A lot of it isnt how much you eat, its what and when. Make the effort to make yourself breakfast in the morning, even if its just OJ and a bagel. Make a sandwich for lunch instead of fast food, or if you do go out get Wendy's with a side salad instead of fries or a healthy subway sub. Dinner, make sure theres meat, veggies, bread, fruit, and something NOT soda to drink. My typical dinner is say... a steak with brocolli and carrots, a dinner roll, and some grapes, strawberries, and maybe kiwi. Or pasta w/ a salad and a glass of wine. I usually drink beer, milk, tea, coffee, water, or diet soda. I know for me its helped to gain back a lot of my lost energy to fast food and I've lost 25pounds by starting to eat right again (minimal fast foods, no more regular soda, some exercise maybe once a week) since april.

Serving sizes depend on what you're eating. I usually go by the "grab a small handful" method personally. Of course, I also know how much it takes for me to not be hungry.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Turboxl,

Serving size varies for each food item. A book called The Nutri Base Nutrition Facts Desk Reference by Dr. Art Ulene would be a great guide to buy. It lists over 40,000 different foods serving sizes. You can also look at the nutritional facts on foods to find out what the actual serving size is.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts