Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here's my situation. Because my insurance doesn't cover it we stopped getting birth control pills for my wife. To buy them outright and the required exam to get them prescribed I think it was going to be $480 for six months of b.c. pills. Before we got married she qualified for some program that got her the same stuff for $38. I don't want to pay $80 a month for birth control.

My wife can't have the Depo shot because she is repulsed by the thought of sex so much she won't kiss me even for six months on the shot, so I'm sure you understand why I don't want that. I'm using condoms but I hate condoms with a passion, to the point it's barely worth doing it.

I'm in a spot here where something has to change. I do not want another kid now, but I don't know about 10 years down the road, so I don't really want to get "fixed" if I can avoid it. Anyone know how much it costs to freeze some of my little soldiers in case I want kids in the future? Probably too expensive.:disappointed:

It may sound trivial but this is really messing with my life in a big way. Any help is appreciated. I am one frustrated man.:depressed:

·
Registered
406 Posts
if its hurting u that bad than spend the $80 a month man....oh also........DO NOT GET FIXED!!!! thats just wrong man....:cry:

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by E-man
[body]
DO NOT GET FIXED!!!! thats just wrong man....:cry:
[/body]
Why? It's not like fixing a dog, I just will have a sperm count of zero, which is good when I don't want to be a daddy.

I don't like the idea of having that area worked on though...:shudder:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
dude, go to a planned parenthood, far as i know, you can get free shiz there... they ask for donations and it wouldnt be a bad idea to give one, but i just know when i didnt have insurance and got one of those "i got something and i dont know from who yet" calls, i went and got tested for free. and i know girls w/o anything for insurance who get free bc there

(and no i dont have anything, she found out who it was and it was a good two guys after me, apparently he already knew he had it and just didnt know if it could be transmitted because it "wasnt that bad"... as if anyone cares i guess, i just still cant sleep)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i thought they had passed a law that birth control had to be covered by your insurance. Thats crazy that its not. I get the shot but I'm not repulsed by sex LOL sorry you arnt gettin any action there. My ass hurts afterwards but thats the only side effects LOL try the health department maybe they can help you out. I think a vasectomy is reversable and its three days of sitting with an ice bag on your you know.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll try planned parenthood. The health department said we make too much money to qualify, that's where we used to go before we were married. I can go get free condoms but their condoms suck even worse than most. I'm too picky I guess.

I have Regence insurance, and in Washington they do not cover temporary bc procedures. They will cover a vasectomy or tubal ligation though.:ermm:

Maybe I'll just get the operation. I don't like kids anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts