Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here she is, finally blowing, sounds wicked and it really made a nice power gain, feeling wise.I also need to get the exhaust made and afc hooked up.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, its only running like five lbs, I need to get a differnent pulley for the s/c. Anyways I will try to get some daytime photos tommorrow of the bumper.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
i see you decided to keep your kit

get some pics of the mounting plate...:D

·
Registered
483 Posts
Stupid question but is that a supercharger or a turbo? It looks like a supercharger but I may be wrong. Where did you get the setup and hat car is it made for?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I made the setup and the supercharger unit itself is from a mercedes slk230. I made all mounting plates piping flanges ect ect.

·
Registered
483 Posts
How much did it cost? Did you have to do anything to the internals of the engine? Injectors, plugs, pistons?
If it seems to work you should sell them, I would definetly buy one if the price was right.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
everything is for sale for the right price just make me an offer. It only runs about 5-7lbs so no need for internal work. Although I have an afc ready to go on and some bigger injectors.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
i want to do this so bad. such an easy formula for cheap speed. unfortunately right now i am cheaper than the cheap speed.:depressed:

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
the only bad thing is it seems that you might need to remove your AC to fit that supercharger in. How much was the whole project for you?

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
pretty sweet job so far :D

how does the S/C sound? I have yet to hear one that sounds any good to me... but that doesn't mean it's not fast ;)

any plans to hide that I/C a little better? or any other plans?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the ac doesnt have to be removed only the power steering. The ac is behind the engine. Also the thing sounds wicked, I prolly have about a months worth of fab in it and a lil over a grand in materials.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Very nicely done !

·
Registered
93 Posts
this has been my idea since day 1 of owning my car is to s/c it....looks good man... but why did you take out the power steering isnt there a way to put the s/c on without taking it out? like putting the s/c lower....

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
the mini cooper s has a s/c on it and its 1.6L

1 - 17 of 17 Posts