goal is little more than 300hp

anyone have experience with hybrids?

Thanks!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
seems nobody knows? :p

i decided to get another turbo and that is gt2540r (aka gt2876r)
max ratin on that is 450hp-more than enough

has anyone gotten into a surge side of the turbo map? Im little afraid that it can happen...

and other thing is is around 200hp safe for stock rods? Im sure we cant speak boost beckause different turbos produce different hp at the same boost! Im thinking of going 0.5bar at first and then later upgrading also rods (pistons are whiseco)

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
stock rods can support up to 400hp.. although i wouldnt test it.. for my setup, im looking for ~350 whp and im cryo treating rods, shot peening, toga bearings, and ARP rod bolts so i should be fine that way, itll cost me a lil over 200 for all of that, and they will be good to at least 450 whp +

that turbo looks good. im getting the Garrett GT32, cant afford the dual ball bearing, lol at least its a BB turbo and good to 430 hp which will be plenty

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im interested to know if you guys are using your stock tibby block. and does anyone know what compression our stock block is?

2001 tib OEM block: 2.0L DOHC I4

·
Registered
120 Posts
The stock compression ratio an the 2.0 beta is about 10:1
I have a decompression plate for it if you want it. brand new never used purchased from sharkracing.com
$100 shipped via paypal

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by 01IMPORTSHARK
[body]
stock rods can support up to 400hp.. although i wouldnt test it.. for my setup, im looking for ~350 whp and im cryo treating rods, shot peening, toga bearings, and ARP rod bolts so i should be fine that way, itll cost me a lil over 200 for all of that, and they will be good to at least 450 whp +

that turbo looks good. im getting the Garrett GT32, cant afford the dual ball bearing, lol at least its a BB turbo and good to 430 hp which will be plenty
[/body]
thanks!!! I thougth that rods and pistons were the weak link but really around 400hp? i should be realy ok then at my goal-300+hp. I did a little thinking at night also and actually it should come around to torque actually so around 300 hp there is usually 420+NM of torque. Little afraid but i might test it.

Stock block in europe is 10.3 but i have whiseco pistons that should lower it to about 8.5:1

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
stock beta 2.0L is 10.3:1 and the low comps make it around 8.5:1

i have heard that the rods are good to 400hp and theres a certain person in korea whos running stock internals with 618 hp, i think there just cryoed, toga bearings and arp bolts. not sure if he has decomp plate or pistons, ill have to double check, but i believe you would be fine..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts