Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a antenna on ebay i would like but i need to know the threas screw size beofre purchasing. does anyone have any idea?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Or you can just make your own. Get a 7mm machine screw from Home Depot or what ever store. Get a tube of composite metal material (usually get it in the isle with all the industrail strength adassives) It is a greyish playdo like material that you break a piece off and roll into a ball. It starts to harden in minutes and turns into solid metal after it dries in about 24hrs. Then go to your local auto store and get a cheap billet antenna. Take the screw cut the head off with a dremmel tool or any kind of saw that cuts metal, making sure that the screw is no longer than a inch. Get a good size piece of the composite material and stick it in the bottom of the antenna. Now stick the piece of screw that you have and stick it into the glob of material (MAKE SURE THAT IT IS CENTERED PROPERLY) you may need to use a little more of the composite metal material to put around the screw. Make sure that you have a nice tight fit and remove any extra. Let it setup a little then screw it onto your car to dry over night. You won't loose any reception on your radio, it works great!!!

[Edited by bluetib2003 on Oct 5, 2004 11:31 PM]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts