Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are there any performance parts you guys would like to have for your Accent's that you have a hard time getting or can't get at all? Let me know.... If the demand is high enough I will get it done.

·
Registered
147 Posts
a flux capacitor

·
Registered
427 Posts
an infinite improbability drive, and a good hot cup of tea

·
Registered
147 Posts
double cheeseburger with no pickles

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the flux capacitor I could do... lol. seriously but it won't be real.

·
Registered
147 Posts
turbo kit produciing 5 psi of boost for 1.5L sohc ill pay u cash

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have my doubts on these people. Everytime someone has come in the forum saying I have performance parts or I can make them for you. Either people get screwed pay for it and never get any parts OR People reply get their hopes up and the guy drops off the end of the world. JRM show proof of your plans or designs look a bit more professional if you want to sell performance parts.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well first of all in order for me to make anyhting I need to see proof that people are even interested. That is what I am doing now. The difference between me and the others is I will actually get the parts made if the interest is high. Monday I am working on getting phenolic gaskets made for the 1.5 and 1.6 Accent's. The turbo kits I am considering production but everybody wants a pretuned ecu to come with the kit and I am playing hell trying to find software to tune the ecus. I can supply a sufficient bolt on turbo kit that will be complete and all you have to do is install it and tune it. It beats the hell out of trying to use a crappy stock scoupe manifold which we all know doesn't work since the damn slave cylinder on the accent tranny is right in the way of the inlet for the turbo where you need to put the maf sensor plus a t25 is enough to piss off any motor. I personally think a t3 is an all around sufficient turbo for the smaller four cylinder engines. A kit with 7psi would be sufficient enough for the Accents and tuning it with a SAFC or E-manage will work just fine to make it work.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess you will just have to wait and see for the parts to come out then LiveD. I am not going to show my design for damn sure just beacuse of copy reasons but if the turbo kits are high enough in demand for the 1.5 Accents I will definetley get production for them but I am not going to do tuning yet since I can't find anything for it not to mention not everybody has the same setup. I have tuned several dozen Hondas and dependingon what you have done will totally change the tune of the program and make your a/f ratio off. if one guys ahs bigger injectors or a ported head or an intake manifold it defeats the purpose of the tune supplied with the kit so that has to be taken into consideration.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I haven't dealt with alot of people on this site but one person you can ask is omgbossis21 he hasn't complained about the stuff I sold him and that was well over a year ago.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
No...we need kits for the 1.6 engine. The 1.5 has the scoupe turbo. They have parts injectors, cams. They have enough parts its us 1.6 guys that really need the aftermarket help.

Tunning wouldnt be that hard. almost anyone has just a stock motor. BUT if you had the phenolic gasket and IM w/ BBTB paired with a working tuned kit. That would be nice.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok so it;s the 1.6 I got ya. Tuning is going to be the hardest thing but I will try. I mean I could do IM Gasket and the turbo kit for starters then work on the IM. We will go step by step. It is still the weekend so I haven't been able to get pricing on anything but I will do so this week. I appreciate all your input too. You guys have been alot of help and please keep the ideas rollin in.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
let me ask one question. What would ya'll rather have first? The turbo kit or the Gasket?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok. So I went down and got some prices on production of the gaskets today and I also found out that the 1.5 and 1.6 use the same intake manifold gasket which is a good thing. I am still working on figuring out what materials to use. So far the one place I went to has an issue cutting the material I wanna use which is a phenolic g7 because it has to be laser cut due to that fact that it is very abbrasive and tears carbide bit up. I am considering going with silicone like another member said to use so I will look into that too. I will keep you updated though and within the next few days I will have it figured out and the production process started which will take about two weeks for the cnc machine shop to make my size order.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I know this isn't really performace, but exterior mod, but I have a 98 Accent and I would love to see other options for Headlights and tailights, Cluster gauges, or custom gauge faces like Speedhut.com makes. But They do not have the tooling dies to make specialty gauge faces for 95-99 Accents unless there are 25+ people interested in it for their "Model Developement Program". Check out Gauges, Custom Gauges, Tachometers, Speedometers by SpeedHut
look for the custom section they start @ $79.95. these are for just the face kit not the whole gauge set up.

Thats what I'd like to see. Until then I have to settle for painting my lights and changing bulbs to LEDs.

Thanks for the thread.

GDAccent

·
Registered
1 Posts
How about a decent SRI for the 2006-07-08 1.6 Accents?
The only one out there costs big $$$ from the stealer. ($300+)

How about a bolt up Cat back tuned exhaust for the same range of cars?
Right now we can only put together the components and have a custom install done.

These 2 items are the most sought for out there on the forums right now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts