Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
*Favor Flave voice* Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaow...

Time FRAME, not time ZONE.

Um, looks like you own a tib, or your just infatuated with that one. They didnt change the deminsions since 02-07.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I was just asking how long people had to get your answer back to you, in order to get the box in time to give as a gift...

But the more comments this tread gets...the more likely someone with a tib will come along and give you the dimensions you're looking for.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i do own a tibby but 2 be honest i never measured the trunk, and my car is stored away for the winter far from where i live, i searched in google nothing came up so if some one has a tiburon 03 to 06 in their garage is gonna take u a minute of ur time 2 measure it... i relle need some help time is running out

·
Registered
686 Posts
all i could find on trunk specs online was the trunk is
14.7 Cubic Ft.

·
Registered
959 Posts
John Doe said:
thank you admin much love to you <33333333 wish u the best of 2008

does your "friend" still have the rear seats in and the privacy cover on top. the trunk is plenty big enough for anything you might get. its actually a lot bigger than you would think. build your "friend" a box. don't buy one. there is already a decent sized sub on the left side of the trunk. build a custom ten or twelve on the right. i have two sixteens and they fit fine at a 60 degree angle.

·
Registered
959 Posts
please don't post vids anymore. host them somewhere and post the links. i had no problems but you have to understand that not everyone's computer handles them well. ie, older computers. good luck on the subs though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IN4PAYBACK said:
does your "friend" still have the rear seats in and the privacy cover on top. the trunk is plenty big enough for anything you might get. its actually a lot bigger than you would think. build your "friend" a box. don't buy one. there is already a decent sized sub on the left side of the trunk. build a custom ten or twelve on the right. i have two sixteens and they fit fine at a 60 degree angle.
DAMN 2 16 LMAO i don't need 2 blow my brains out idk if u noticed but the tiburon trunk is like a speaker box all the sound bounces from the back windshield in ur head

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok I have a 2003 tib GSR and just measured my trunk for you it is 36 inches wide. Now tibs come stock with a sub mounted on the drivers side this sub sticks out 2 inches from the side and starts only 12 inches from the back of the rear seats. So new bow would have to be able to clear this unless you plan to remove it and use only the new box. I myself plan to build a box the same as the stock one for the passenger side to maintain a more stock apearance.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ok I have a 2003 tib GSR and just measured my trunk for you it is 36 inches wide. Now tibs come stock with a sub mounted on the drivers side this sub sticks out 2 inches from the side and starts only 12 inches from the back of the rear seats. So new bow would have to be able to clear this unless you plan to remove it and use only the new box. I myself plan to build a box the same as the stock one for the passenger side to maintain a more stock apearance.

the oem sub has been an option since the introduction of the gk tib, but it is by far not a standard part now, still just an option.

also, watch out for trunk depth, another option is kina a fake floor with storage compartments the obviously make the trunk area shallower.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts