Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing an engine swap on my 01 XG300 - the original motor has a rod knock. Anyone pulled one of these before? It's really similar to the '00 Sonata V6 that I just swapped, but quite a bit tighter in the engine compartment.

The hmaservice site gives info on pulling the engine with trans, I'm trying to pull just the motor. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve H.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody's pulled one of these? Are they that reliable? Anyone done a timing belt or any other service?

Steve H.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know this is a bit late. But I would say take out the radiator and the support. The radiator support has some bolts holding it in. You will probably has to take off the front bumper too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A little late - but thanks for giving some info. I was able to pull the engine out by itself, but there is barely enough room side to side to seperate it from the trans. I did remove the radiator but not the support - there is plenty of room front to back to get it out. I had to remove the transmission mounts from the trans and push the trans as far as I could to the left. Combined with some tilting and patience and the motor came out.

The replacement engine has been in for a few days now and runs good. Quite a strong, smooth V6.

Anyone else needing help/tips on pulling one of these please just ask.

Steve H.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you put in a 3.5 or just another 3.0?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just put in another 3.0. I wasn't sure on what might be needed for the 3.5, and it was hard enough to find a replacment for a reasonable price.

Steve H.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts