Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like everywhere else but here there are meets...

One... is there anyone here thats interested? Say the Tacoma Seattle area?

I would like to make up a meet, but i dont think i can do it alone. Anyone want to help on this one?

I figure a nice route up to Elble along highway 7 (not sure??) next to Alder Lake. Plenty senic, and pretty nice roads. Or just all the way up White Pass/Packwood. Snake Creek road is nice... Im thinking sometime when it gets a little nicer out. I was thinking about meeting somewhere, and driving out there, and taking plenty of pics and stuff. But that would only work good if we had more than like two cars...:ermm:

So... anyone interested?

Email me at [email protected]

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
me too...even after I put my contacts in I still can't focus.

sorry bout that venture off topic...anyways, I'm sure there would be some interest in the area. off the top of my head I'd guess 5-15 cars though:ermm:

Seems like most folks are in the south end of the sound so that'd probably be a better location.

[Edited by busy_squirrel on Feb 5, 2006 12:02 PM]

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mmmm.. ok... im just trying to see if theres enough interest in this.

I know some people who know some people who can close off roads if we really wanted to have fun...:)

....ooh... a Hyundai Rally... this could be cool...

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I'm in! but I never look here because there have been like 3 get togethers in the last 2 years in Washington that I've seen.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well here is whats up, I have recieved a message from SharkRocket regarding a possible meet around July 4th. Right now I'm just going to be thinking of possible places to meet, does anyone have any suggestions. It is still really early for firm planning, but idea's would be great, especially since it will be the summer time.

Talk to you all soon!!
here is a forum that has the meet on it.

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65329

[Edited by pumbaashari on Feb 24, 2006 4:16 PM]

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Not registering on NT.com just to make suggestions, but I agree with not doing anything on the 4th itself. That would really complicate things.

Mt. Rainier is nice, there will still be a ton of snow around the 4th of July but the roads will be clear and I think they'll all be open. If enough people like camping it would be cool to take over part of a campground for an all night party too. I stay a weekend every summer up there. You can reserve camping spaces online too so you won't just get there and have it full.

I grew up out in Hoquiam (pretty close to Ocean Shores) and was out there a lot. Westport (the south side of Grays Harbor, approximately the same distance) has more "tourist attractions" but it's hard to really find a place to drive on the beach. Walking the Jetti is really cool though and if people like fishing it's a good spot to do it from. Ocean Shores has the best beach access and plenty of stuff to do too though. Both places are really windy at all times and usually pretty cold with the wind chill unless it's 75 plus degrees. People would get stuck on the beach if they're not really careful, I use to just cruise the beach pulling people out with my Blazer.

Another option would be Leavenworth out Hwy 2. Depends on what people are looking for in the trip. Great food, GREAT beer, one enormous Bavarian themed tourist trap. Hwy 2 is a lot of fun to drive but in a large group it can be difficult passing the slow people who invariably end up slowing you down.

No matter where is chosen I will do my best to make it.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a Cabin in Packwood, not going to hold alot of people... buuuut... Ive heard you can get a HUGE discount for the Hotel in town, and the locals looove meets. So we can park out on the grass fields on either side of Highway 7. Its near white pass, and Snake Creak road, and its a nice place, a bit out of the way, but the roads getting there are awsome. There are rod runs there every summer, we could organize with them and have the Hyundai meet be part of the rod run. Complete with timed road rallys, hill climbs, and poker runs. And all the food and vendors that come to the car shows in the first place. That sounds like a good idea. Ill do some reasearch and call around to see what i can get.

Thanks for the input and the help. Questions or updates... [email protected]

btw.. timming it with the rod run we could make this a yearly thing. :D

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I've only done the toys 4 tots thing. I like the idea of a longer drive. Ocean Shores would be fine, but is ALWAYS windy so if people don't like that.....

I'll try to think of some ideas for meeting places that are easy to get to in the area. I can think of several parks in seattle, but they're not all easy to get to if you're not familiar with the area.

Fauntleroy Park would be cool too as it has picnic areas, beaches, swimming pool, etc. Last time I was there they took the posts in the paved trails down so we could drive our vehicles in because we had so much food to bring in.

Magnuson Park has a little bit of playgrounds for kids if anyone has them.

Also, the park in downtown bellevue is eay to get to, and should have enough parking for active Hyundais in this area.

If you want more ideas in the North end or Snoho. County, I can come up with a few, but figured most wern't into the drive up there.

Maybe think about going to Stonehenge on the Gorge if it's a day trip, plenty of parking and a lifesize replica of stonehenge. There's also the hotsprings on the peninsula, Hurrican Ridge, Fort Casey, Deception Pass(how far north did you wanna go?), Snoqualmie Falls, and all the usual scenic picture places.
Think I can get a friend to bring his LC2. He was too hungover to go last time. And he was only about 2 miles from the park-n-ride.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
If you guys don't want to drive 5000 miles round trip to Hyundai Sunday you could fly with me and rent a car when we get there like I did last year. It's a hell of a lot cheaper and 90% of the time it has nothing to do with your car anyways. Plus we could split rental costs 3 ways and split a room with 2 beds and a rollout.

I'd love to take the car...maybe to a Norcal or Vegas meet...but not to the east coast. Last year plane tickets were $300 and it was $24/day for a car rental and insurance.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Well unless hell freezes over or it doesn't happen this year I'm flying to Hyundai Sunday.:lol: Anyone wants to tag along, that's great.

I am equally excited to have a good meet here. Sounds like the ideas popping up are pretty good too so it should be a lot of fun.

Sounds like (from NT.com post) it's going to be a show on Saturday, then cruise to Ocean Shores on Sunday from Olympia. Works for me starting the cruise within 5 miles of my house.

[Edited by 187sks on Feb 26, 2006 1:03 AM]

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you like Packwood, personally i do. But here is some dates that there already is stuff going on so we could possibly get it without too much fuss.

April 7-8, White Pass Snowmobile Climb, Thrilling and Chilling. Be a participant or watch the action. WOW

July, Packwood Summer Rod Run

July, Annual Dam Rod Run & Pioneer Days, Mossyrock

October, SNOWMOBILE GRASS DRAGS, Be a participant or a spectator. Either one will give you high quality thrills.

http://www.packwood.com/calendar.html

EDIT: The site was last updated in 99... guess ill start callin places...

eh.. not much going on. Ill contact them if anyone thinks this is a good idea. We sorta need to vote i guess on where to hold it at, and when. But first, how many people came to the Toy Run? I dont know for sure how many cars are we dealing with. I really want to make this work, But ill need input for sure for plans and what not. Ill try and see what kind of autocross events are held around here too, that might be fun.

Thanks Again.

Nick

[Edited by wilburisthecoolest on Feb 27, 2006 10:59 PM]

1 - 20 of 165 Posts