Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out!

Before:

And after...

·
Registered
492 Posts
wilburisthecoolest said:
To stop me from ****ing my own computer montior, please please tell me how. And list part numbers, anything.. please!
lol thats funny, those brakes are pure sex

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hahaha... lol man. Parts:
1. Brembo wrx sti bigass calipers,

2. stock sti's rotors -the damn offset of the rotors is the same! All you have to do is make the 5lug pattern to 4x100 by simply drilling the rotors out! -

3.A good machinery shop to make you an adapter so the caliper fit the accent spindle.

4. About an hour or so to fit the beasts to the car :)

Total cost approx. 1000 bucks depending on how much you will find the brembos.

I know this is a lot of money , but if you are about to **** you screen, I about to **** the brembos everytime I see the car :)

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Holly CRAP!!!!...NO way! WRX brakes? Hell you could do that with ANY car then...just get the rotors redrilled.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sweetness! im gona steal my friend brakes from his sti

·
Registered
715 Posts
What size are the rims 17"?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The rims are 17" , the brakes are 330x30 and I'm gonna install a rear 300x20 with 2 piston calipers from an r32 skyline... :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
To be honest though... way overkill...

looks great however.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I know, but it won't be an overkill when the car becomes 400+ hp! ;)

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
japakos said:
The rims are 17" , the brakes are 330x30 and I'm gonna install a rear 300x20 with 2 piston calipers from an r32 skyline... :)
Could this be done with 16" rims? I figured I would go with a stock STI brake rotors and calipers...

·
Registered
715 Posts
I doubt it because STI comes with 17" Rims...

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The 330 disc won't fit the 16" rim..

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Some more...

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Well damn, I guess it would be easier to just get a BBK off a Tiburon and just swap in those to fit my 16" rims...the car look great man...I love the blue calipers too.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks a lot man. I guess I could use the tiburon bbk too, but I wanted 4piston calipers and big rotors so they can fill up the 17" wheel ;)
More to come:
Changed my mind about twin-pistoning the rear. I'm going to use 4piston calipers too with 305x28 rotors. Sweet braking mate ;)

·
Registered
256 Posts
without a brake bias valve and a bigger master cylinder you are going to hurt your brake feel by putting 8 pistons on a system designed for 4 but for looks it would be ok just not for performance driving.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As for bias, the abs unit control it. As for Master cylinder, already changed over a bigger one... ;)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts