Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've had these speakers for awhile, never used em, and i was all set and ready to put them in my car, but the rear panel speakers are 5x7 and there is no way i can fit these 6x9s into the bracket without completely destroying them, has anyone else figured a way to do this? the speaker bracket comes out easy enough, i was hoping that i could find a company the sold brackets for 6x9s, but so far i've had no luck

·
Registered
67 Posts
hold on a sec...... you got the rear speakers out? Would you consider a detailed how-to? You could either post it or PM me, but either way I would sincerely appreciate it.

Mikey

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
detailed? its no to complicated, you have to take out the entire back seat, both parts. then get the hard ware for the seat backs off the wall, you'll see it when you get to it. then there are a couple off screws on on the lower part of the trunks peice that need to come out and then you just start pulling, be careful about it tho, i did the first one perfect then got too complacent and broke a few tabs on the second one, but they are in a place where there are alot of tabs, so it wont fall off or anything.

i take it this means that no one else has even tried this yet... so im not gonna get any advise, oh well, i think im gonna mutilate the excisting brackets since im prolly gonna drive this car into the ground. after graduation im planning on getting a 240 since i will have the time and the money to play around,

oh, also i currently have the two door panels off, the rear panel and the rear seats out, i would say thats about 100 or so pounds of ****, it is unbeleivable how much of a difference that 100 pounds made in the acceleration of the car, i guess since the engine is so small that little bit of wieght is a big deal. oh well it all going back in when im done, i dont think my dog would be to comfortable riding on the metal back there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts