Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, i got my 07 back from getting the little kit on it and it looks great. Im wondering if anyone has done anything cool as far as exterior or interior styling. I was thinking about getting this interior carbon fiber kit off ebay and the carbon fiber window pillars. also looking at the aluminum door sill. anyone have any thoughts. I dont know what this interior kit really is for sure, but i think its basically some stick on pieces to go over original interior. anyone ever had experience with these? I mean do they look like crapolla or what? also if anyone has any advice or specifics about building a ram air for this car...

·
Registered
67 Posts
newbtastic said:
hey all, i got my 07 back from getting the little kit on it and it looks great. Im wondering if anyone has done anything cool as far as exterior or interior styling. I was thinking about getting this interior carbon fiber kit off ebay and the carbon fiber window pillars. also looking at the aluminum door sill. anyone have any thoughts. I dont know what this interior kit really is for sure, but i think its basically some stick on pieces to go over original interior. anyone ever had experience with these? I mean do they look like crapolla or what? also if anyone has any advice or specifics about building a ram air for this car...

If I assume you mean the ground effects when you say kit, would I be correct?

If so, how hard did they bang you for that?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah thats what i ment, ground effects. Uhhh, i think it was like 1000, it was financed with the car or else i wouldnt have done it. But ive had the worst service with this whole deal. They had the car for 1 1/2 weeks before i got it back. the kit was painted 3 times before finally getting the color to a close match. which still isnt perfect. then yesterday i went on a little road trip and when i got to destination i could see it was hanging off in the front. I would not suggest the kit to anyone. its overpriced for what it is and for some reason the front seems to have very little holding it in place.

·
Registered
260 Posts
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2935305

A few of the things you mentioned, I got for my 07 SR. Is the ground effects kit the same one as my SR's kit? Any Pics. I have the CF dash kit, CF b pillars, and CF Splitter (which arrived today).

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i get the car back on monday evening (hopefully) from getting the front lip on the body kit redone. Ill get some picks up then.

·
Registered
260 Posts
newbtastic said:
This is what the ebay door sills look like:

Also I got the chrome door handles and i think it looks great

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do like the door sills. how do they install? are they stick on? I like the handles on yours but i got the red wine color so i dont think they will look so good on mine. Are the carbon fiber pillars on your door in the botom pic? its hard to tell. And yeah we got the same kit, except i had them paint the black part on the back the same color as the car. is that an SR symbol behind the side marker?

·
Registered
260 Posts
newbtastic said:
I do like the door sills. how do they install? are they stick on? I like the handles on yours but i got the red wine color so i dont think they will look so good on mine. Are the carbon fiber pillars on your door in the botom pic? its hard to tell. And yeah we got the same kit, except i had them paint the black part on the back the same color as the car. is that an SR symbol behind the side marker?
They have 3m Tape which is pretty strong. No CF b pillar yet. And they that is an SR symbol. Came with the Car being an SR 'n' all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2007 accent accessories....

ya i got the CF interior kit on my 2007 hyundai accent sr, and it looks really good. my car is inn for the winter, so ill have pics ASAP. a few other things i sugest, if you haven't all ready done so, (1) a lowering/sports suspension kit; really sets the car off, especially with the skirt package. (2) this dpends on ur taste, but its not over the top; i installed STREETGLOW's 7 multi color body/wheel well under glow LED kit. ill get pics of that as well ASAP.:)

·
Registered
260 Posts
accent tuner said:
ya i got the CF interior kit on my 2007 hyundai accent sr, and it looks really good. my car is inn for the winter, so ill have pics ASAP. a few other things i sugest, if you haven't all ready done so, (1) a lowering/sports suspension kit; really sets the car off, especially with the skirt package. (2) this dpends on ur taste, but its not over the top; i installed STREETGLOW's 7 multi color body/wheel well under glow LED kit. ill get pics of that as well ASAP.:)

I do have eibach Lowering springs installed... and the lights are not to my taste

·
Registered
65 Posts
newbtastic said:
then yesterday i went on a little road trip and when i got to destination i could see it was hanging off in the front. I would not suggest the kit to anyone. its overpriced for what it is and for some reason the front seems to have very little holding it in place.
yea, i've had some issues with my SR when i got it back in the summer..
the kit looked like it was loose, and there were big gaps between the kit and the body.. i think the factory uses this double-sided, black foam-tape.
.. apperantly doesnt hold well..
the dealership had my car for 2 days, apperantly out-sourced the fix to a local shop, who used this black goo stuff, which has actually help up really well.
.. then i got my car back, and my ipod [stupid for my leaving it in the glovebox] was stolen, and my manual looked like it had been looked through.
talk about a piss off.
.. so, in the end, the dealership bought me a new ipod.
and the kit looks fine.

- matt.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah, thats the same problem i had with my kit. they used the same stuff to fix it too. its actually windshield adhesive. now my car is looking clean and ready to ride. how much of a drop do the springs give you? and how can i get my hands on those sweet SR symbols?

·
Registered
260 Posts
newbtastic said:
yeah, thats the same problem i had with my kit. they used the same stuff to fix it too. its actually windshield adhesive. now my car is looking clean and ready to ride. how much of a drop do the springs give you? and how can i get my hands on those sweet SR symbols?

1.2"

you cant get the symbols unless someone with an sr takes theirs out or unless u custom make them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
yea, i have a feeling they'd be hard to get your hands on, seeing as they would hypothetically only make 500 or so sets.
.. i want to ask my dealer about getting one of the large badges, the ones beside the side turn signals.
.. i think it'd look better on the bottom right of the hatch, as opposed to that 'SR' badge.
.. on another note.. the accent horn is way to road-runner esq..
on that some dealer call, i'm going to ask about swapping out the horn for something like the santa fe's.
I think it's a safety hazard.. i've used it a could of times, and no one actually responds like they hear it.
.. not cool.

- matt.

·
Registered
260 Posts
onetwenty said:
yea, i have a feeling they'd be hard to get your hands on, seeing as they would hypothetically only make 500 or so sets.
.. i want to ask my dealer about getting one of the large badges, the ones beside the side turn signals.
.. i think it'd look better on the bottom right of the hatch, as opposed to that 'SR' badge.
.. on another note.. the accent horn is way to road-runner esq..
on that some dealer call, i'm going to ask about swapping out the horn for something like the santa fe's.
I think it's a safety hazard.. i've used it a could of times, and no one actually responds like they hear it.
.. not cool.

- matt.
The horn was one of the first things I replaced lol...

·
Registered
65 Posts
where is it?

·
Registered
65 Posts
k, so i have the horn out. finally.. big hands+little spaces = harder than i thought.
.. now, the horn wiring has his cartridge clip that just clipped into the old horn, but now, with the new horn.. looks like i have to snip that thing off, which isn't something i really want to do.
.. has anyone changed the horn, and knows what to do at this point?

thanks.

- matt.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hahahaha, thats so funny about people not hearing your horn. The other day my wife honked at this guy like 5 times from maybe 30 feet and he never responded, we thought he was being an ass hole and got all pissed off about it. It was only after hearing the horn again that i realized he probly never heard it. I was thinking of getting one of these super loud horns they sell at pep boys. anyway, about the SR badge. Ummm... well that sucks. I guess if either of you fine gentlemen could at least ask for me next time your at the dealership it would be much appreciated. Im gonna ask about it here but so far i cant find anything about it. So they only made 500 of the SR edition accents? So do they have the SE up there then. I guess i thought it was the same car with a different paint job. I must be wrong about that. CLUE ME IN!

·
Registered
65 Posts
yea man.. the horn thing is an issue i guess.
they made 500 SR's.
check this link.. hyundai's fancy, flashy site for the SR.

Hyundai AccentSR

take care brother,

- matt.

·
Registered
45 Posts
dont put on a SR badge unless u have a SR that is just ricey thinking right there.....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts