Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope Im in the right forum. I followed instructions for Apexi install for 03 Tiburon V6 on My 02' Sonata V6. Wiring is same, Install went fine, then after turning key to start position I configured to the best of my ability. Unit was working fine. Then went to start car and unit shut off and "Game Over". APexi Neo Unit does not power up again. Tried running 12volts directly to it and new ground. No luck. Unit died. Any ideas??? Wiring was double checked. HAs anyone else experienced this? Also where can I find the basic configurations for our engine. I found detailed install and wiring diagram, but no basic config advice, just for the initial setup.

·
Registered
959 Posts
have you checked the fuse in the back of the unit? and i don't think there is a standard config for your car with that unit. what version software are you using? and what was your ADM (advanced diagnostics matrix) when you plugged your laptop up to it? did you get an engine code? usually it says "error" when any one thing goes wrong. ie. the started goes or ignition system in general...pretty much anything that causes circuits to not complete. check ALL your fuses. go to advance to run a test on your body control modul if everything else checks out. a short there can cause your battery to take the path of least resistance and cause your unit to malfunction. i blew two bcm's just from cold and water.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This unit is APexi AFC NEO. I don't beleive there is a FUSE in the back. Also you don't configure this with laptop. This is a self contained unit.

·
Registered
959 Posts
there is a port either in your internal fuse box or a jack under the hood where you plug in a diagnostics system. then you plug your laptop into the diag. system. all apexi units can be tuned manually unless you got a fake or a ripoff. most apexi units will let you plug directly into them. either way, you are able to tune it manually. the fuse was used on earlier models. is it grounded and see if you can use a volometer to measure how much power it is drawing. advance can help you with that for free...usually.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually ran 12v directly to unit and still no power. This unit is dead. I have 30 day warranty and I have sent it back, but I need to be absolutely sure i don't have wiring issue before I plug another into my harness. I'm already $300 in the hole, not to mention my car is running too rich and is undriveable.

·
Registered
959 Posts
its good htat your car is running rich for the time being. it does that to help protect the engine somewhat.

sorry about the dead unit. i was going to say that the warranty may be your last hope.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I plan on buying an Apexi Neo for my 2001 tiburon so ill keep everyone posted on it!
But as far as this is concerned, im installing a neo on a 97 civic EX Vtec at my school wyotech, it taps into the cars wiring harness coming from the stock ECU. So ill ask my teacher about it but im fairly sure you must have fried it if it doesnt turn back on. I know on the neo there are 2 power wires and 2 ground wires, Which you have to wire into 2 different power sources (Different wires) and 2 different grounds. Otherwise you run a chance of shorting it. Hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts