Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where and how to hook up a Apexi Safc-I or II to the ecu of a LC2? Posts would be helpful

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great help! My question I have for you is this, my buddy wired up one to his turbo civic, will he be able to understand the directions you wrote up for the apexi on my LC2?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot, im going to have to log onto the hyundai service site inorder to get a crisp look at the ecu diagram? do you remember exactly where on that website you can see the pinout?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I pull the ecu out from underneath the steering column, where will the plugs on the ecu (top, bottom, left or right)? Are the plugs numbered, if not how do you tell which plug has the wire I need to hook up for the apexi? A picture of just the ecu with the numbers posted to each plug would be a help, and with that same pic on how the ecu is mounted too would help. The clearer I can make this for myself and my buddy the easier time I will have with the install

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
pay attention to colors, and it's a great idea to read the general information section of the etm to understand what the plug drawing actually represents. for example, my numb nuts wired the tps wrong.. lotta good that does me huh.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your help with the ecu help, my buddy told me he knows how to wire up the apexi for my lc2. Now its just a matter of time for my apexi-II to come in.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Much needed update (ego reasons!! :D) The wiring was perfect, but the 1.11 version of the software I was using for the emanage read everything all wrong (no frigging idea why). Version 1.25 did the trick, and now I don't feel like a wiring idiot!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what do you mean different versions for the software? How do I find out what software program I have with this apexi? I just got my Apexi Safc II, and now I just have to make time to have my buddy wire everything up.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Originally posted by rbuecker
[body]
Much needed update (ego reasons!! :D) The wiring was perfect, but the 1.11 version of the software I was using for the emanage read everything all wrong (no frigging idea why). Version 1.25 did the trick, and now I don't feel like a wiring idiot!

[/body]
you have emanage on your lc2 !!! was it hard to put in ?? can you bring you cut-off up to a higher rpm or do i need the emanage ULTIMATE???

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Originally posted by Izapyou
[body]
what do you mean different versions for the software? How do I find out what software program I have with this apexi? I just got my Apexi Safc II, and now I just have to make time to have my buddy wire everything up.
[/body]
ah slight tangent on my part, sorry! you wont have to worry about anything other than wires- which is a good thing. the display and info on the safc2 is great :)

anthony: i havent studied the system enough to be able to answer your question, my sole purpose right now is to keep from running out of fuel.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finished turbo kit. DSM turbo, DSM injectors, DSM blow-off, Apexi Safc II, Home made headers, Oil cooler adapter, custom send and return lines, and side mount intercooler mounted in front. Thanks for the apexi help.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts