Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any company that's interested in a reproducing the astrel kit for th KC accent?

PSC's has been nothing but a dissapointment and i have the side skirts and the rear skirt buit don't have the front..

·
Registered
502 Posts
would love to hear more because PSC is an over priced disappointment.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen many lc accent lip kit's during the LC's heyday but it's availability has utterly diminished..

i see some good one's in korea but it's pricey..

and **** the ricey body kit's on ebay..they're junk.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I kow this thread is kinda dying out, but I can reproduce fiberglass bodykits and lip kits quite easily. Of course, this all hinges on what type of demand there is--which will also directly effect pricing as well. Feel free to contact me for further info.

Oh and...you do know that PSC Motorsports went out of business, right?

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I kow this thread is kinda dying out, but I can reproduce fiberglass bodykits and lip kits quite easily. Of course, this all hinges on what type of demand there is--which will also directly effect pricing as well. Feel free to contact me for further info.

Oh and...you do know that PSC Motorsports went out of business, right?

if 10 lc owner's put down deposit's..will you produce the astrel kit for the lc?

·
Registered
335 Posts
if 10 lc owner's put down deposit's...will you produce the astrel kit for the lc?
Yes, I'd say that 10 would be the minimum to get the kit produced at a reasonable rate. Only problem is that I'd need a kit to make a mold of so as to reproduce it for everyone else. Since PSC Motorsports went out of business, I don't have a problem copying their kit.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, I'd say that 10 would be the minimum to get the kit produced at a reasonable rate. Only problem is that I'd need a kit to make a mold of so as to reproduce it for everyone else. Since PSC Motorsports went out of business, I don't have a problem copying their kit.
so some fortunate lc owner who own's a the full kit should "Lend" his kit so you guy's can make proper fitting replicates of it..

also..is it possible it can be made of plastic or urethane?
fiberglass is a bit fragile for most of us.

I urge any LC owner who's itching for a ground effect's kit for their lc to sign up for this rare opportunity..

·
Registered
335 Posts
so some fortunate lc owner who own's a the full kit should "Lend" his kit so you guy's can make proper fitting replicates of it..

also..is it possible it can be made of plastic or urethane?
fiberglass is a bit fragile for most of us.

I urge any LC owner who's itching for a ground effect's kit for their lc to sign up for this rare opportunity..
Yea pretty much. I'd need a donor kit to make the mold out of. And no, it's not possible to make the kit out of ABS plastic or polyurethane. All fiberglass IS NOT fragile! There are varying levels of fiberglass quality--ranging from crappy Ebay quality (which you seem to be familiar with) to excellent high-impact composites that can take quite a beating. My fiberglass shop uses a Korean-made composite that's definitely high-end stuff. I wouldn't reproduce a kit that's going to be a headache. It's decent quality stuff that's also economical. The other materials would cost WAY too much.

Well, see if you can get to get enough people together AND a donor. (Who will, of course, be compensated).

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
now let's see..who has a astrel kit currently on thier car?

i asked andy who only has a astrel front lip on his lc to sell it to me but he refuse's to do so.

or beside's a astrel kit, is there anyway you can make or design a ground effect's for the lc

it can look like the astrel styule or the talon style kits..

anything beside's the ricey vfiber kits..

·
Registered
335 Posts
Or how about just importing something from Korea? If you know of any lip kits that are out there, I could have my Korean associates dig them up for you guys.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that would be sweet!!

i know there are good Lip kit's for the lc in korea but evofusion only imports and sells only the ricey body kits

·
Registered
41 Posts
Now, I know it's not the Astrel kit, but I was looking at fabricating something SIMILAR to the Integra Type R Front lip. I've done one before out of polyurethane. Once I get the next one done, I'll post some pictures and see if you guys would want to do something like that.

(Integra Type R Lip)
http://www.boomplustoys.net/images/JDM Honda Parts Cars/JDM DC2 Type-R Front Lip.JPG

I also will be fabbing some side skirts from the Buddy Club V3 kit:
http://kaoticcarconcepts.com/KCCHCBC2KIT0103.jpg

I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i don't care what style lip is made for our LC accent as long as there is someone who sell's them..

the dc front lip look's like a good idea..i just don't want a ricey front lip that linger's so close to the ground..i want more of a oem type ground effect's add-on lip kit

I'm all for it!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing. I don't like gaudy body kits. I want to keep it as stock appearing as possible while changing some of the body lines that are already on the LC to make it my own. I'll post pictures hopefully within the next few weeks with the front lip on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts