Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hyundai tiburon 2.0 and i was thinking about turbocharging. It has over 100,000 miles and i dont know if this setup will work. Im only planning on boosting around 6psi. I have a SAFC II already. but here is my ideas on what to do.
All of this off ebay,
t3 Turbo, turbo manifold, bov, decompression plate, external wastegate, a/f gauge, boost gauge.

[Edited by lukeyn on Jan 23, 2006 5:41 PM]

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Do a compression test on the engine to get an idea what kind of shape its in. If it turns up good go for it.... Im running a semi-high boost setup (10-12psi) on my 1.5 with 114,000miles on it and my compression test was pretty good. I dont leak/burn any fluids or nothing.....

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
[body]what kind of parts are those?
[/body]
Basically it`s not worth trying to turbocharge an engine which is using oil.......i.e. piston rings & valve stem seals need to be in good condition.

Also, unless the clutch has been replaced fairly recently, a turbo will kill this off in no time at all!.

Nick.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like that idea, but i dont think my wife would like me spending the money

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whats considered "good" for a compression test, I've never heard of one. Where can you get one done at?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
103 Posts
Originally posted by lukeyn
[body]
Whats considered "good" for a compression test, I've never heard of one. Where can you get one done at?

Thanks for the help
[/body]
You can have a compression test in any mechanic shop, and they will tell you if engine is in good or bad condition to boost...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much do you think one of those will run me? Because im all about saving money,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts