Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on installing a system in my new 2007 elantra.. wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to the best location to run the 1/0 gauge power cable from the engine compartment to the interior to run back to the trunk..

thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2 x Alpine Type-R 12" Subs SWR-1242D
1 x Alpine 1800 watt monoblock amp MRD-M1005
1 x Alpine 4-channel amp MRP-F240
1 x Alpine Type-R 6.5" component speakers SPR-17S
1 x Alpine Type-R 6.5" 2-way coaxial speakers SPR-17C

I'm planning on upgradig to 2 x Alpine PDX-1.1000 Amps with 2 x Alpine type x 12" subs swx-1243d with a 4x100 pdx-4.100 amp

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yap.. gonna have to come up with a miracle way to keep the rattle down... but it's still just a plan in the works.. still a while off...

·
Registered
687 Posts
Sound deadening foam usually works really well especially in tandem with Fatt Mat or whatever kind of sound insulation you wanna use. I don't really have a good location option, but I'm sure you can figure out something :-D.

What kind of alternator are you upgrading to? A nice 3 farad would be nice too

HOwie~

·
Registered
82 Posts
The cable for mine is run from the firewall plug and underneat the lower left floor trim to the backseat. I discovered this when installing sound deadener.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Recommend

I have a 1997 Hyundai Elantra. However I use 0 gauge as well. My opinion on the matter always go with the best wire just in case. Which I did pumping mad power to my two monster 12's. I ran the wiring thru the door bottom panel. I undid the screws and ran behind the seats. Up front underneath by steering column you should be able to run it out to your battery. I used 15 feet I believe of 0 gauge wiring. Cost me alot, but worth it in my opinion seeing how I wanted to push more then 2000 watts downs the road when I had more money. Dont forget this!! IMPORTANT! I did this before, Remember to run you boost control wire if you have it at same time as you do with 0 gauge wire. That way you dont have to undo the panels again and do it all over again. Its a hassle! Hope it helps.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
6-8 gauge is big enough, but on the new HD, you must upgrade the factory negative battery cable to a 2 gauge to avoid additional problems.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wiring

If you plan on having a "decent" system in car go with 0 or 2 gauge. That way you never have a wiring issue. Oh and when you go to car shows they look at that as well. They give you points on your wiring type depending on how much amps you are pushing. Of course they also look at the set up as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts