Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... Im starting the Beta Swap this Summer here in Australia (Sydney).

Have posted this information on the (Hyundai Performance - Australian forum). But will now would like to move the topic in this section.

Im probably the only Hyundai Accent in Australia at the moment that will be going on with this conversion. Have done only a little bit to this Hyundai Accent. But have major plans for it in the following monhts. Just hoping everything goes to plan!

Well here are the pics! Wish me luck in the process! Ill keep you guys updated every week or so on.

Here are a few pictures of the car... (3 weeks after i purchased it)

Now here's the car at the back of my house, awaiting for work to be done to her...

These are a few shots of the motor, sitting at the back of my house in the bbq area.

Will be getting a full rebuild soon. (Head / Bottom End)

Picked up the motor and gearbox pretty cheap. So im happy with the results their! :)

Here is my gearbox... 1.8L Lantra Gearbox :)

And now... Here is the picture of my daily driver for now...

1999 Hyundai Excel Twin Cam

Now here are some other pictures of my car in its current state... Pretty much everything is out, and the motor is ready to be pulled out.

Will keep you guys posted / updated.

This car will be staying N/A all the way! Hoping to get 12.0 - 1 Compression pistons, and making the Beta I scream past 8,500 rpms! :)

Time will tell!

·
Registered
508 Posts
cool , but you should of got a beta 2??? well you see you have the 1.6L so if you had bought a beta2 your swap would have bean a lot faster and esazy. the 1.6L and beta 2 uses allmost the same hreness and ecu, you dont even have to opine your dash out.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Hottness! That white just flows so well with those rims, which by the way are awsome. Car is looking great and cant wait to see the beta swap all done. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Ya, a beta 2 would have made the wiring easier, but wiring is not immposible to do just gunna take more time and work. That is the whitest Accent ive ever seen, I like it. What kind of lip kit is that?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys...

The motor in our Accent's are a 1.5L DOCH :) We only get the 1.6L DOHC in the LC2's here in Australia :)

As for the wiring, im not really worried... I will be using the Accent 1.5L Wiring Harness to be used for my EMS Stinger 8860 (Standalone). Car wont be on the road with a standard 2.0L... This 2.0L want leave the workshop, after it has Quads, Big Cams, Head Work, Bottom End etc etc and pulling 13.5 down the 1/4 :D (Hoping) :)

Then add the giggle gas :) Hoping for 12s! :)

As for the body kit, it is a Sick Division Body kit.

·
Registered
508 Posts
yess the power of na beta, can i have a list of all the part you r useing???

·
Registered
539 Posts
Don't see many white ones, Nice! Looks great man, definatly keep us posted. I swappped in a beta I into my LC and used the beta ecu and the wiring was crazy different. No problems with your standalone though!

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
you got gut's bringing a dirty beta into a clean bedroom..:lol:

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im not to sure about Sick Division still being in business...

Ill have to find out for you.

But here are another few updates of my car in its current state... Did all the work last weekend but didn't have time to post up the information here! :)

So now the motor is out, and everything is all about to begin! :) Had troubles taking the wheels off, the previous mechanic that had changed my clutch for me, had tightened the wheels to tight, and was quite difficult to take off, we had bent a few tools just trying to get one bolt off! Called the mechanic the next morning and gave him a mouthful! What would of happened if i had a flat tyre? Would have been stuck and had to call a tow-truck to come and get me... Anyway... end of rant! :)

Here are a few pics to amuse you guys! :)

Thats little white plastic bag you see in the background is the 1.5L Alpha motor sitting out there...

Hope you enjoy them, will be posting more pics and info while the build is in process.

The 2.0L will be dropped off at the mechanics for a full rebuild and we all hope that this Accent cracks a 12 second pass down the 1/4 mile! :D

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have purchased another motor... This time a Beta 2 (Elantra 2003) with HVT :)

Will be selling the Beta I as it will not be efficient for N/A applications. :)

Will post pics and update soon... :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
yes HVT, good choice on the betaII also. i want HVT also, but i'm gonna try a head swap from the new accent, i just hope the 2 1.6 engines are the same!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts