Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Ok I own a heavily modified Accent. It has a turbo conversion running at 22PSI Boost! Now my question is Im still running the 1.6L DOHC Alpha motor and gearbox, what have other people done to stregthen up the gearbox... because ive done about 1500kms and it is now toast. I have a old one behind my shed which needs to be re-built but I dont want to spend all that money and it only last 3 weeks. So what have you guys done???

Cheers Ryan

For those interested Hyper Auto Club • View topic - Project Boosted on Speed & Sound

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and what car has the beta transmission? what modifications ae needed for the too to match up?

Cheers Ryan

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
what the hell kind of whp you making with 22psi?! Holly crap!!! Your worried about the tranny I say go with 187, get the beta tranny. That would be a Tiburon 2.0 or Elantra manual transmission. You'll need to get some axels modified if I remember the beta ones are too long for the accent.

Next queston what did you do to the motor to get it to run such large amount of power?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Atm its running an extreamly bad tune so Its dynoed last week at 208.8 ath the wheels hp. The car has previously ran 302hp At the wheels. 347hp with a 75hp shot nitrous. I need to fix a heap of stuff before I start using full power again. I need new injectors or old ones cleaned, new leads, new sparkies, massive tuneup, ect.

Cheers Ryan

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
what about internals? Did you get custom forged internals? I just havnt acctully been able to speak with anyone whos been able to go past 14 psi on stock internals so I'd like to see what someone has done. Plus if you've been able to take the engine up to 300+hp!! all we need is a vedio of your engine the setup and the dyno sheet as proof so that we can finaly show that the 1.6 Alpha CAN hang with the beta swapers...hell why go beta if you can just boost the Alpha however you want and get up to at least 300whp...right?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
saw your thread in that Aussie forum. Sound like you've been through a lot. I'm still in the tunning phase...just need to get the E-manage setup for some 440cc injectors and I'll be set at 10psi. Should be getting about 180-200whp with it tuned at 10.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
so the alpha tranns died how?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This alpha gearbox died just because where the car was made legalally street driveable, they went to the wreckers and put one in... I dont believe they even looked at it from what I have been told now... This gearbox lasted only 1500KMS so whats that about 1100 Miles? It sounds like its the throw out bearing. Problem I have at the moment...

1) Pops out of fifth gear... No crunch when changing into it, but it just pops out
2) Cannot select reverse... Only way is to turn the car off and select it turn the car on reverse and slam it back into neutral... Then whn you put it in first it wont go then a massive jolt then its ok.

Cheers Ryan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts