Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would be needed to convert from auto to manual. and as a rough estimate how much would it be to get done. because if its too much of a hassel to do your self i can just have someone do it for me. only because i dont have access to a lift.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
you would need to have the shifter assembly, probably the console with the shifter in it, a manual transmission, and possibly wiring or else you might get codes from the ECU about missing some of the automatic transmission sensors. then the work of having someone install all of that for you. consider buying a new car that's manual ?

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Unless you're good at picking parts off of junkyard cars and just plain want to do the swap it will be cheaper and much easier to sell your car and buy another one with a manual transmission. It's a pretty big job and there are a lot of little parts you need. Nobody will be able to give you a complete list including all the linkages, brackets, and fasteners you'll need you would just need a donor car to pull everything from.

·
Registered
241 Posts
what would be needed to convert from auto to manual. and as a rough estimate how much would it be to get done. because if its too much of a hassel to do your self i can just have someone do it for me. only because i dont have access to a lift.
It's very easy to do:
1. Drive to a Hyundai dealer
2. pick out a car with a manual
3. give them your car
4. sign some paperwork
5. drive home with your manual trans

Seriously, it's not worth the cost or effort. If you really want a manual, trade in your auto for a manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts