1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I used to run 195/50-15

·
Registered
734 Posts
i have falken ziex's and am very happy with them. I fyou go to edgeracing.com they have a nice selection of tires in my size cheap.

·
Registered
959 Posts
bh206 said:
more rubber is gooood :)

do you use r-compounds?
and do you ever race in ottawa?
not really. there is an equilibrium that you want to find. the wider your tire in the front, the harder it is to steer. and the more rubber you have, the more likely you have more metal too, and add the weight of both, and its bad. the more rolling mass you have, the more work your engine needs to do to go, and the more unsprung weight you have, the harder your suspension works and the greater the beating your drivetrain takes.

i use 235 30 18's by the way. on my old stock 17's i ran 215/45 and 225/40

·
Registered
959 Posts
GregsterGSi said:
what tire sizes are we running

I normally use 185 60 13s or my normal 185 60 14s

anyone running 205 55 14s?
unlikely that anyone is running 205/55/14 since that would make a speedometer useless. mayby, and its a big maybe, you could get away with 205 45 14, but 205 50+ 14 is pushing it unless you're racing and go by feel, not speedo.

·
Registered
737 Posts
on the race car (99 accent L) I run 195/60/14 hankook rs2s on stock elantra wheels for street use and 205/50/15 kumho v710s on rota gt3s (15x7) for race use. I'm not sure of the offset but it is close enough to stock where I don't get horrible torque steer.

the 195s seem more than enough for the car with the camber i'm running (2.5 negative front 2.0 negative or so in the back i'm not sure the toe settings paul had) it feels pretty damn neutral with some lift throttle oversteer with the rear bar set to full stiff

on the x3s fitting 205/50/15s with camber is a tight fit in the back wheel wells i'm using a 1/4-1/2 inch(not quite sure they were on the car when I got it) spacer to clear the struts in the back

on the lc my summer wheels are 16x7 enkeis with 205/40/16 toyo proxes 4s. and they provide enough grip with similar suspension setting to the other car to make just about anyone happy. Also everything fits better on the lcs because there is more wheel well to work with.

your best bet would be to run a set of 15x6.5 or 15x7s with some 195/50/15s or if you so desire a 205/50/15 I think you'll be very happy with the results. What you don't want to do is try to fit a 205 on your 14 unless you are running a 14x7 inch wheel. You would have to run high tire pressures to stop the sidewalls from rolling so much. That is what happens with most stock class autocrossers that have narrow wheels to work with, you try to fit the widest tire on you can but have to run 50+ psi to get it to work right.

depending on your suspension setup that is what i'd suggest going for. If you have a softer suspension run a slightly narrower tire or something less grippy because the more grip you have from the tires the more the suspension is going to give up especially on the accents

good luck

·
Registered
563 Posts
IN4PAYBACK said:
unlikely that anyone is running 205/55/14 since that would make a speedometer useless. mayby, and its a big maybe, you could get away with 205 45 14, but 205 50+ 14 is pushing it unless you're racing and go by feel, not speedo.
im using 205/50R15 with no problems at all

·
Registered
4,647 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
03-Accent-03 said:
Tire size calculator

You can find the speedometer difference there.

thats for ideal conditions...lower tire preasures mean lower revolutions per rpms. it is accurate up to a certain point, but i found that doing the math on my own works out a little better. i wasn't trying to be a jerk when i said that, i did actually mean good luck. ive gotten tickets for that very reason before i realized that upping my diameter set my speedo off a bit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts